Stu!

Screw-Rice

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Check your damn pm's! :p

To keep this Mark related,

I have been having a fairly random issue. When driving the car for extended periods in temps above 75* I get an extremely strong fuel smell. Doesn't happen all the time, rather intermittently. I drove 500 miles (95* out) with the a/c on full blast with no issues. Week later I am on the highway for 30 minutes and I have to open all the windows/roof to vent the smell.

It isn't a/c related as it has happened with just the windows down. It is pretty centralized in the car...meaning I can't figure out if it is coming from the front or rear. Suspected an exhaust leak at first, but don't believe that to be the case.

When it begins to cool off around August I don't smell anything until temps rise again the next summer. It has me fairly stumped since I can drive it hours after an instance and notice nothing.

I would look at the EVAP canister. Once on a 01 taurus a leaky fuel filter caused a gas smell inside the car.

Was thinking Evap as well. Just haven't had time to climb under it, might have to do it tomorrow. The times I have had time it has been between 95*-104*. Not a lot of motivation in those temps.

something in the Evap.

I had a cracked canister in the old 94 that would do the exact same thing.

Mike

I will check em

Members online

Back