Strutmasters' Upper Control Arms??

oldstick

LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with these and how do they compare to the Moog or TRWs?

Their site say's they are "USA Made" but I don't see a brand.

Anyone have experience with these and how do they compare to the Moog or TRWs?

Their site say's they are "USA Made" but I don't see a brand.

Place your hand on your workbench and then take a nice size hammer and smack the :q:q:q:q out of it.Dont ever ask that again.Moog Is the only answer EVER.This is experience speaking.

I read somewhere (here, actually) that Arnotts were indeed Moogs. The ball joint boots are fairly distinctive and match the Moogs. But they sure aren't Moogs, and now I get to pay for return shipping and 20% restocking fee. I know I should've done my homework, I should have looked into it more. But this forum isn't a place to post bad advice, joke or not, and screw your fellow members.

Yeah go dig the post up where Jamie talks about arrnott, I'll wait

Yeah go dig the post up where Jamie talks about arrnott, I'll wait
He did but it turns out when he bought stuff they were TRWs and now they are back to crap UCAs again. Jamie appologized for the screwup.

yeah go dig it up, most people on here have selective reading and cant seem to have the attention span to read an entire thread, i clearly stated not to buy them, and that the ones i had bought were years ago and were TRW, only last week was there 50 replies saying to not buy arnott anymore all you have to do is read, pretty hard for some i guess.

yeah go dig it up, most people on here have selective reading and cant seem to have the attention span to read an entire thread, i clearly stated not to buy them, and that the ones i had bought were years ago and were TRW, only last week was there 50 replies saying to not buy arnott anymore all you have to do is read, pretty hard for some i guess.

Damn, I gave you a month before you would post again, you beat my estimate:lol:

I just bought some uppers from arnott, they are made in china. I guess I'm fawked but I'll deal with it. Wish I'd have seen the news saying they are crap! I read multiple posts stating they were good, in addition to recent recomendation.

I just bought some uppers from arnott, they are made in china. I guess I'm fawked but I'll deal with it. Wish I'd have seen the news saying they are crap! I read multiple posts stating they were good, in addition to recent recomendation.

What I have been able to dig up in the mean time is that they are not as bad as the really cheap Chinese uppers but not in the same class as Moog. If it ever warms up so that I can get the job done I will take some pics in comparison.

Don't try to make it seem like you initially said NOT to buy Arnott, and that those of us who bought them on your advice are ADD idiots. This was your first post.

greg go on ebay and type in mark VIII upper control arm, arnott has a deal going on with both uppers for 100 bucks free shipping you cannot beat it they are trw arms not chinese junk i have used them on many marks with zero problems. you cant beat that price even on rockauto.

This was 4 days later, when we figured out Arnott started selling junk.

whatever they are selling now is not what they used to. i'm sorry for anyone who has bought them after me telling them too, in the past i have gotten trw arms from arnott that were perfect. you can clearly see the pictures in their auction on ebay are not the same control arms you guys are getting in the mail. so i wont reccomend them anymore, now we can all say that NOTHING they sell is any good.

So, yeah, you're not to blame for making a good faith recommendation, but you sure as heck didn't tell people to "not buy Arnott" from the start.

hey medium if i told you to jump off a bridge would you? let me know so i can make it there to watch.

Well, it is supposed to be informed advice, people here, like myself, trust you. Mistakes happen. At least my lowers are moog!

Years ago, Arnott was a decent company and had decent parts, now,not so much

It's not Jamies fault that a company with a good reputation wet it's own bed since his dealings with them..

No, it isn't his fault at all, I was just advised to buy them and now I feel unlucky lol. I don't hold anyone responsible.

Years ago, Arnott was a decent company and had decent parts, now,not so much

I never had a problem with them in the past. But, all it takes is a change of management and/or a couple of new butt :q:q:q:qs in the warehouse and suddenly the company is ruined.

Like with those rusty control arms somebody got sent. Firstly, they shouldn't have been allowed to get rusty in the first place, and secondly, WTF were the idiots thinking sending them out! Completely unacceptable. Some people at that company NEED to be fired. :mad:

lmao omfg i love how its oh i listened to jamie, i listened to jamie and now i am :q:q:q:qed and he shouldnt give out advice thats bad blah blah blah, if i told all you guys that i smoke crack, and you all should to because it makes me feel great, would you all go buy crack and smoke it, wtf???????????????????????????????????????????

i want everyone who just recently bought control arms from arnott to please take a picture of them and post them here, and i will tell you if they are the same ones that i have bought in the past, since people are just saying that they bought them, and they are chinese junk, but no one is showing a picture of the full control arm, so please take a picture and post them, bike mike, hang the expense, anyone else who recently bought them from arnott so i can put an end to all the bleeding vagina's and suspension problems. i post info on :q:q:q:q that works or has worked for me in the past and present, if you have a different experience than me thats your problem, it is far from my problem, or my fault, this is why i dont want to be here anymore cuz everyone thinks what works for me, has to work for them, because jamie said it worked, then when it doesnt, oh jamie is a dick, jamie is an ass hole for giving out that info.

Members online

No members online now.
Back