Strut Tower Brace

00_slow_5spd_ls

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
does anyone know where i can get a strut tower brace, one for ontop of the engine, the front.

and one for the rear.

wanna improve my handling, and i know this will help.

00_slow_5spd_ls said:
does anyone know where i can get a strut tower brace, one for ontop of the engine, the front.

and one for the rear.

wanna improve my handling, and i know this will help.

All LS's already have a front brace...

They do? Mine doesn't...and I don't remember seeing one on any other's I've seen unless I'm just missing something.

yes it's just under the windshield wiper stuff. just pop the hood and look as far toward the back of the car as you can and you'll see the steel brace under there.

00_slow_5spd_ls said:
wow, never new that, well cant we put another one on it, upper strut tower brace? what about the rear?
Quik added a brace to his (front) but I think for looks. Not sure about the rear

00_slow_5spd_ls said:
wow, never new that, well cant we put another one on it, upper strut tower brace? what about the rear?
Also is your car already a Sport model? A better investment (than tower braces) to improve handling would be Eibach lowering springs and the Euro model shocks. The LS had base, sport and Euro model shock (developed when they originally planned to sell lots of LS's in Europe). You can get he Euro's from Ken at LSKoncepts.

beaups said:
yes it's just under the windshield wiper stuff. just pop the hood and look as far toward the back of the car as you can and you'll see the steel brace under there.

Wow. I've never paid attention to that. I guess I'd better go look! What are the mounting points?

I don't remember the exact mounting points but you'll see it under there.

the plastic cowl cover actually clips into the top of the struct brace - it triangulates across the back of the two strut towers and just under the center of the windshield.

Members online

Back