strange noise under dash

jerrym3

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
It's rare that I sit in my wife's 04 LS, after driving the car, with everything off.

But, the last two times that I did just that, after 20-30 seconds, I start to hear a scratching noise under the dash. Sounds like a rodent, but it's definitely not.

And, the two times that it did happen were separated by months.

Seems to stop after a few minutes, but I'm not sure because I don't keep sitting in the car that long.

Any clue?

Thanks

Covered several times on here. It's the climate control moving the air doors around a little.

But, it seems to be more under the instrument panel than the center console area. Still air vents?

But, it seems to be more under the instrument panel than the center console area. Still air vents?

I, personally, think that the tilt and extension motors get in on the act too. However, I've never done anything to see if this is true, and the service manual doesn't mention it, unlike with the climate control servos.

At the end of the day, I can only really say that both of mine do what you describe.

Maybe I'm just jinxed.

Shut off my 2003 TBird today, and just sat there for a few seconds. After the CD player cycled and went off, which I expected, I started hearing a muffled thump/thump/thump sound coming repeatedly from somewhere in the car.

After about 5 minutes, I just gave up and got out. Too warm.

Maybe I'm just jinxed.

Shut off my 2003 TBird today, and just sat there for a few seconds. After the CD player cycled and went off, which I expected, I started hearing a muffled thump/thump/thump sound coming repeatedly from somewhere in the car.

After about 5 minutes, I just gave up and got out. Too warm.

What Joe said......

Members online

No members online now.
Back