Strange Airbag Problem...

2001LS8Sport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Let me start by saying this is an 01 LS8 Sport that was rearended while stopped at a light. About 5 grand worth of damage to the rear, no structural damage whatsoever. Very slight damage to the front end when it was pushed into the car in front. Basically cosmetic damage to the bumper and a cracked grill. The airbags did not deploy.

Right after we got the car out of the body shop, the airbag system started throwing a code 32. All the steering wheel controls are functional. Not a single problem there. I pulled the driver's seat out and the yellow connector was fine. Unplugged it and checked the terminals just to be sure. Started the car and it checked fine. We drove it about 5 miles and just about the time we were ready to park, it started throwing the code. This is what happens usually. It will pass the test when starting, but throws the code after it's been driven a short while. For some reason, I have a feeling this is not related to the accident. I really don't see how it could be since almost all the work was done in the rear of the vehicle.

Has anyone else run across something similar? Any ideas? My next step is to take it in to the dealer and have it checked since I don't have an NGS tester. But I wanted to check here first.

Members online

Back