Stock 94 Mark VIII, 14.651 at 97.21

S

scott9050

I posted this a few weeks ago in the Mark VIII forum but figured I would post it here for the rest of the board:

The last time I ran at the track I had a bad 1-2 accumulator piston (it slipped badly), the OD delete button did not work and it was a bit warmer out. That day I ran a 15.04 at 94.79 and I knew that the car had a lot more in it. I went to Cecil county today and went straight to the line with a fully heated engine and a trunk full of junk. I loaded the converter to about 1500 rpm's and peddled slowly out of the hole. I knew by the lack of spin and the top end charge that the car had more in it, and I crossed the traps with a 15.00 at 96.52 with a horrible 60 foot time of 2.47. Temp on that run was right around 40 degrees. I let the car cool down and got the junk out of the trunk, but unfortunately a rash of cars blowing up happened. First a turbo neon decided to leave a rod and part of his crank on the track. That took 2 full hours to clean up. The next car was a Camaro that blew a tranny in the same lane, he had to be towed and another 25 minutes went off the clock. In all a total of at least 7 vehicles decided that they did not want to run anymore, and before my second and last run (this cost me $35) a 69 Vette dropped a rod at the starting line. I got to go back in the left lane and run alone. The temp by now had gone up to near 50 degrees, and unfortunately the car was starting to heat up again with me turning it off and on so much, the needle was at "L". I stalled the converter back to 1500 rpm and let her rip, I floored it a bit faster out of the hole this time and the car responded like a champ. I knew that this was going to be a good run letting the car shift for itself, but I was floored when I got the slip:

60 ft: 2.25
330 6.304
1/8th 9.559
MPH 75.79
1000 12.331
1/4 14.651
MPH 97.21

The thing is I know that the car has more in it. If I can get there on a day with temps in the 30's and get her ice cold I am betting I can go 14.40's with a trap of 98.5-99 stock. I will find out soon, I want the 14.40's stock before the end of December.

Not bad for a 130,000 mile stock 94 with a 310 pound driver.

Hey Scott, I posted this article on a local site to show that mark viii's are capable of 14 second passes and this is one of the repspones that I got.
"IF that car ran that time, it wasn't bone stock....I don't care what that guy claims."

mistreetscene.org Hey, why dont a few of you guys join and gimme a little bit of help with the people that have no clue about mark viii's!

let those schmucks believe what they want. this what makes our cars such a sleeper. people have no idea what we have, and i like to keep it that way! plus if we show up there on the site we are probably going to start a war or something.

MarkVIII93 said:
Hey Scott, I posted this article on a local site to show that mark viii's are capable of 14 second passes and this is one of the repspones that I got.
"IF that car ran that time, it wasn't bone stock....I don't care what that guy claims."

Have them come on down and I will be glad to show them. It just shows that ignorance is everywhere. Rich (Mespock) had the car before me, I am sure he can testify that it is stock. Hell, I just did cap off the top air resevoir on the intake tube 2 days ago when I changed my battery and terminals, when I did this on my 96 I felt no difference whatsoever.

And here are the 2 timeslips, they are not the best scan quality because it looked like their printer was running low on ink, but the times are there:

Scan002November212005.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back