Still have wheels/tires from my 03 I traded in Aug- PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateRW21

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Okay so I haven't made much effort to move these; been busy with other stuff. But I'll go ahead and toss these up here, see if there is any interest.
Wheels- Zyoxx ZX8, 18x7.5. 5x108, 74mm center, 42mm offset
Tires- Goodyear Eagle F1 AllSeason
(http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ewall=Blackwall&partnum=44YR8F1ASXL&tab=Sizes)

The wheels were $900 new and the tires $800 new. Some A-hole emailed me and offered like $550- I'm going to tell you right now, if that is what you think they are worth... keep moving. These tires have about 6000 easy miles on them; they are nearly new. So, new value of this package is over $1700 since they are already mounted/balanced. I'm willing to go down to $850- half the price of new. You pay shipping.

These pictures are with the old tires- the current tires only have one spring and summer of driving on them. Wheel condition is identical to what you see here; always washed with only soap and water, never any harsh wheel cleaning chemicals. Polished several times a year. Email me at desertpunisher425@yahoo.com

PICT0875.jpg

PICT0876.gif

PICT0877.gif

ahh, the "best looking 18's" wheels.... they do look much better all cleaned up. 850 seems a little high (i payed 1000 for new 20's with tires- guy never used them). perhaps pics with the tire tread.. 550 isn't a horrible offer though... good luck

$850 is high. Especially when they will most likely have to be shipped. Maybe someone will buy them locally. You just have way to much competition on the internet to ask that much. Wheels and tires do not hold their value. Good luck though. It looks like you have a mclaren grille on there? You should have taken that off before the trade as well.

I would say take the 550 before the guy changes his mind, that is if youwant to sell them.No offense but I dont see many people liking those wheels.

Maybe if you separate them you can get more than 550.

well now that he's called that guy an Ahole, doubt he'll give him a dime... classic case of someone over valuing there...stuff.

$850 is high. Especially when they will most likely have to be shipped. Maybe someone will buy them locally. You just have way to much competition on the internet to ask that much. Wheels and tires do not hold their value. Good luck though. It looks like you have a mclaren grille on there? You should have taken that off before the trade as well.

I did save the Mclaren- still have that as well, haven't done anything really to sell it.

ahh, the "best looking 18's" wheels.... they do look much better all cleaned up. 850 seems a little high (i payed 1000 for new 20's with tires- guy never used them). perhaps pics with the tire tread.. 550 isn't a horrible offer though... good luck

What kind of tires were on those 20's? What brand and model of wheel? Might give me a better idea for asking price.

Considering what I told him I would take for them since he was going to drive 3 hours to come pick them up, and what he came back with... Yes, $550 is a horrible offer.

I would say take the 550 before the guy changes his mind, that is if youwant to sell them.No offense but I dont see many people liking those wheels.

Maybe if you separate them you can get more than 550.

Thanks for your input.

Problem is your opinion is that those are the best wheels but everyone else doesn't think so.

I would pay 900 for some used jag wheels with tires but not those.

Sharp looking wheels. I would try Craigslist locally. Shipping scares people away everytime.:( The extra cost is a deal breaker.:(

If you want BIG return on that grille. Put the McLaren grille on Ebay for a 5 day auction. Make an easy $300 off of it. Unless you want to give a member here a shot for a reasonable price.;)

Good luck with them.:)

Thanks Rollin- when I get the time to clean the bugs off of it, it is ebay destine. Unfortunately, it isn't pristine- caught a stone so there is small spot on the webbing missing.

BlackLS- you're sampling pool is far too small to make such a statement. I've had far more compliments on the wheels than I have anything else. I think your wheels look like crap, and I'm sure I could find a few other people who would agree. Does that mean you are the only one, or even a minority of who likes them? No- tastes in style vary widely. But thanks for being a turd on my thread.

I never said your wheels look like crap I simply said they're not my style and you come off as being arrogant like you have a set of amazing wheels.

Like I said don't expect to get much for those. And my wheels are the stock 06 chrome wheels and they aren't the nicest out there but far from looking like crap.

But thanks for the insult.

Stock 06 are freaking sweet, in my opinion!! Not the sexiest but far far from the worst

I'm assuming I'm the ahole you are talking about. Even though you seemed insulted by my 650 (not 550 as you mentioned) offer. Considering you told me 760 plus shipping, and now you are back trying to get 850?? I thought my 650 was more than fair. But good luck with sale.

And yes, for 650 I would have driven 3 hours to get them.

Normally i would keep my mouth shut, but you just seem like an arrogant A-hole. Those wheels are fugly. I'd take stock 06 wheels anyday over those...just saying. And i would listen to the knowledgeable members on here giving you GOOD advice.

I'm assuming I'm the ahole you are talking about. Even though you seemed insulted by my 650 (not 550 as you mentioned) offer. Considering you told me 760 plus shipping, and now you are back trying to get 850?? I thought my 650 was more than fair. But good luck with sale.

And yes, for 650 I would have driven 3 hours to get them.

Those wheels should have been let go for $650.
I guess I should be able to get half the money back that i put into my car (just in mods) when i go to sell it.....yea right.

Anyway, things happen for a reason and here is a set of nice Jag wheels with tires for $550 that i would look better on a LS.

Normally i would keep my mouth shut, but you just seem like an arrogant A-hole. Those wheels are fugly. I'd take stock 06 wheels anyday over those...just saying. And i would listen to the knowledgeable members on here giving you GOOD advice.

You should keep your mouth shut- You think I've been on here since 06 and have my head in the sand? The best advise on here came from Rollin- always true to his nature.

Seriously, where in the hell did the rest of the respectable members go? A quick glance at the other threads does not give much hope for the LS section on LVC. Is this a case of the resale value drops and brings in a lower class group? Just three or four years ago if someone thought a price was out of line, they would have sent a PM instead of pissing all over a thread.

If having the opinion that the wheels I put on my LS were the best option available and picking a price point to ask, not wanting to be low-balled makes me an arrogant A-hole... I'm fine with that.

Those wheels should have been let go for $650.
I guess I should be able to get half the money back that i put into my car (just in mods) when i go to sell it.....yea right.

Anyway, things happen for a reason and here is a set of nice Jag wheels with tires for $550 that i would look better on a LS.

Are they OE Jag or replica's and what make/model tires? How many miles?

I asked this on a similar reply and got no response- If I'm going to adjust my asking price, I need a few basic details so I know how they compare.

I'm sorry. You are taking a Beating on this thread, unfortunately I agree with black, Alax, sport, trickett, mlara, 05ls8, etc.

But if you didn't want the full brunt of everyone's opinions you should have posted this in the for sale section. I'm sure the people who look at the forsale section are actually serious about buying stuff. And not everyone looks at the forsale unless there actually in the market for something. Just saying by posting it in the ls thread page specifically everyone will see this thread and unfortunately make there opinion known.

Im looking for 18-19"'s but these are not my style. Good luck.

Last edited:
You should keep your mouth shut- You think I've been on here since 06 and have my head in the sand? The best advise on here came from Rollin- always true to his nature.

Seriously, where in the hell did the rest of the respectable members go? A quick glance at the other threads does not give much hope for the LS section on LVC. Is this a case of the resale value drops and brings in a lower class group? Just three or four years ago if someone thought a price was out of line, they would have sent a PM instead of pissing all over a thread.

If having the opinion that the wheels I put on my LS were the best option available and picking a price point to ask, not wanting to be low-balled makes me an arrogant A-hole... I'm fine with that.

and your done... All the post ive seen lately are the same as they've always been (you havent been here that much longer than I). In-fact the only dis respectful posts i've seen have come from you. Including you telling a member who just finished there garage and came to show it off, that his garage is small.... Go sell your sh!t somewhere else....Lower class, zero room to talk. If you had any brains or "class" at all, you would've taken the advice (that was nicely given) about you wheels and most likely have them sold already. But because YOU overpayed for those 18's and think theres no depreciation on them, Your now stuck with one of the hardest bolt patterns to sell... Good luck "A-HOLE" --classy

FYI, they were 20" niche games with brand new Nitto's check my signature.. STILL valued at 2,300 but wouldn't exspect to get over 1000 even with new tires again... also in perfect shape...

:feedback = :soapbox:

Definitely not a good way to make a for sale thread, especially insulting the people your marketing them to and even someone who made an offer that's reasonable...You do come off as a huge douche bag, even if I was interested in these, how you present yourself would not make me confident in buying them from you...

Just trying to be honest with you.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back