Steering column switch problem?

Kerrigan

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
The switch on the side of the steering column stopped making it go up/down, in/out. In "Easy Entry" mode the column will do it's retraction/extension action, but the switch does nothing any longer.

Is the problem the switch or ?

If "Easy Entry" is turned off should the switch still adjust the column?

Thanks!

If you're interested, I've got a BRAND NEW in box 97-98 Motorcraft multi-function switch....

$110 shipped, and it's ready to go.

If you're interested, I've got a BRAND NEW in box 97-98 Motorcraft multi-function switch....

$110 shipped, and it's ready to go.

You should jump on this quick. When I bought my Mark, I paid $425 for a new MFS from Ford when it was really the pot. that was the problem.

Is the tilt/telescopic column switch integrated with the MFS? My MFS works fine, but my tilt/tele joystick switch works off and on.

My last 98 wouldn't tilt unless I activated the switch and at the same time wiggled the steering wheel in and out at 12 on the wheel.

My last 98 wouldn't tilt unless I activated the switch and at the same time wiggled the steering wheel in and out at 12 on the wheel.

If I want mine to tilt down, I have to push the switch down while pulling down on the steering wheel. Once it starts moving, it works fine after that. The telescopic feature takes a little jiggling of the switch to make it work. I don't know if it's the switch or the motors or something else. Basically, it's just old and wore out, kinda like me:D

Members online

No members online now.
Back