Stainless radiator hose

Bad69Cad

LVC Member
Reaction score
im looking into getting a flex cool radiator hose but wanted to know if anyones had any problems with them. someone was telling me your car could actually run hotter due to the shape of the hose. So id like to know anyones experiences with them.

I don't have experience with them, but I do know that they make kits so you can sheath your hoses with stainless steel. I don't know if that is what you want, or how well they work/look, but it's an idea.

JoshMcMadMac said:
I don't have experience with them, but I do know that they make kits so you can sheath your hoses with stainless steel. I don't know if that is what you want, or how well they work/look, but it's an idea.

I ended up doing it. It looks pretty good. You do have to work with it!

The covers Josh is talking about , I think , are plastic and much easier to work with , and nicer on the fingers...They also come in many colors and sizes..vacuum , fuel , heater , and radiator hose size..

the only problem with the covers is that they r just covers and u can tell and it doesnt strengthen hose at all. im replacing all my hoses with stainelss braided line. it may cost more but its worth it. the hoses for the radiator however they dont make that size and i was looking into the corrugated tubed ones. guees ill just have to do a buy and try. ill let u all know my experience with it.

I've known a couple people with the flex tubing you're talking about. I never heard of any problems. The manufacturer claims better cooling efficiency. IMHO it's worth the bling factor alone. :cool:

THe flex tubing has pretty much proven to be pretty good. But I think the biggest reason to go for it is the bling bling.......more so then any real improvement in cooling effiency - it might shave a few degrees off, but thats not much in the overall scheme of things.

Joeychgo said:
THe flex tubing has pretty much proven to be pretty good. But I think the biggest reason to go for it is the bling bling.......more so then any real improvement in cooling effiency - it might shave a few degrees off, but thats not much in the overall scheme of things.

:I

Members online

Back