Sputtering after coil swap

Angel12

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So last week I had a coil misfire read the code read cylinder 1 misfire. Wiped the code and ordered my coils. Just recently received my coils, swapped them all out with new spark plugs and now it's still sputtering randomly when I hit the gas to speed up. When a dead stop it somewhat sputters feels like almost a air leak or fuel shortage..

Thing is after I wiped the code the 1st time it never came back up while i was waiting for my coils to arrive. It somewhat sputtered but not as much as it'd doing after the swap!!! Arggg car is so pissing me off any help or insight is much appreciated.

Oh and I searched just don't know where to look...or what it could be

Did you check the gaps on the new spark plugs? One of the last set that I ordered was badly off.
Where did the new coils come from? Are they OEM? If so, what revision?

Not OEM they are egay coils. I'll check the gaps 2mmrw. I'm going to try swapping my old coils in and try those see what type of reaction the car gives. Could be the coils ill check it out. Thing is it feels like a misfire but no code is being displayed. I'll get the coil part # when I get home

They say motorcraft

Coils are w4e-12a366-ac - DG-517 Ebay

Spark Plugs are
--
Bosh Platium IR Fusion 18-3781-2

Gap spark plugs? Didn't know i had too..Foolish question how?
Just did a video from my iphone will upload soon. It feels more like loss of gas or air mixture.

Any easier way to upload a vid then through youtube - have to make an account ..lol \

Could i have done something while taking off the intake manifold to disrupt any fuel or air lines ....

Coils are w4e-12a366-ac - DG-517 Ebay

Spark Plugs are
--
Bosh Platium IR Fusion 18-3781-2

Gap spark plugs? Didn't know i had too..Foolish question how?
Just did a video from my iphone will upload soon. It feels more like loss of gas or air mixture.

ive heard bosch plugs cause goofy problems, i bought E3's and they are awesome

these 6 bosh plugs almost ran me 80 bucks!

You could be right though as it feels like power loss or air / fuel

these 6 bosh plugs almost ran me 80 bucks!

You could be right though as it feels like power loss or air / fuel

Box them back up and take them back! Tell them that they made the car run horrible, then get platinum NGK spark plugs for a few bucks each. Gap them properly, and you will be good to go.

So I ended swapping out coils to see if the new ones came in bad and yup two ended up being bad. Good thing is my old batch of coils only one was shot so i could use the other 5. Contacted the seller and awaiting his reply on the bad coils. My car is back to beast mode! lol for now (knock on wood )

Members online

No members online now.
Back