Spider Valve question

D Hook

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I went to Eddie's web site and found an "Extreme Spider" valve and a "Junior Spider" valve. Is there a third in between these two that most people are using? The Extreme is a bit pricey and the Jr......well, who want's a "Junior" anything on their Mark?

If anyone has a used one, I'd be interested in that, too.
Thanks!

All the extreme does is add one f those things that remove water entering the system. At first I was thinking eddie went over the deep end until I investigated further.

Our air suspension compressor is not a good design (duh!) because the dryer is directly attached. If you ever get the chance, feel the spot where the black dryer plugs into the compressor when its running. It get VERY hot.

Normally thats not a big deal, but the air does not get a chance to cool down by the time it hits the dryer material that removes water. Hot air retains water much better than cold air. So only the majority of water is removed form the air entering the system, not all of it. So it still gets in a wreaks the bags over time. On a better design the dryer would be located further from the compressor allowing the air to cool and the moisture to condense a little for easier removal.

And thats what the extreme version does. Its the same as the regular, for the most part, but adds those water removers that take out in the now cooled air after it has left the dryer:

94_2.jpg

They occasionally need to be drained, about once a year. If your in a dry area of the US, the Extreme is really not needed.

It's worth the money...

If you plan to keep the air ride system, get the spider extreme; it's a lifesaver and definatly worth the money.

I bought one 2 years ago and love it.

It includes a schrader valve that will let you pump up the air suspension using an external compressor (like a tire pump at a gas station) if your car's air compressor ever fails.

I had one of the original Spider Valves (possibly called the junior now) and I live in a high moisture area. It died after a year.

When I replaced the air compressor a few months ago, the moisture and retained moisture in the system wreaked havoc on the built in vent solenoid within a month.

I installed the extreme and haven't had any venting problems since.

JMiles_T said:
It includes a schrader valve that will let you pump up the air suspension using an external compressor (like a tire pump at a gas station) if your car's air compressor ever fails.

trust me driving with the car slammed sucks, only went 15 miles but it was hell, it bounced all over going over the "rumble strips" at stop signs, not to mention it is very bad on the suspension to drive it like this

Members online

No members online now.
Back