Southern Super Heavy Shootout 8 - November 8, 2008 - Atlanta Dragway, Commerce, GA

Hey All, Mark your calendars for November 8, 2008! The website is open for registration for the Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout located in Commerce, Georgia :)

Enroll early, as I hear there might be a cap on registration. This is a great event, that features 4000 pound and up rear drive American cars with driver, racing both bracket and heads up. This is a great event that you do not want to miss!

http://www.sshs8.com/index.html

Hey Guys, Bobby got the participant picture upload function working on the SSHS8 web site. Show off your ride, and upload your favorite picture! Participant roster page is coming soon! Check it out! :)

http://www.sshs8.com/index.html

I'll be there since it's a 45 minute ride from the house. :)

I havent decided if I'm racing yet though

Here is the roster as of today. It is also posted on the web site now :)

Driver Year Make Model
Gerald F Monahan 1989 Lincoln Mark VII
Michael Schultz 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
Doug Wood 1995 Chevrolet Impala SS
Richard J Parker 2003 Mercury Marauder
Brian Sipe 2003 Mercury Marauder
Paul Troup 1995 Chevrolet Impala SS
Paul Troup 2004 Cadillac SRX
Marvin Valencourt 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII
James Mills 2003 Mercury Marauder
Paul Roswell 1994 Chevrolet Impala SS
Barry Gaudette 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS
William G. Sherar 2003 Mercury Marauder
Tom Archambault 2004 Mercury Marauder
Gregory Wilson 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS
John Peters 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII
Rusty Neese 1995 Chevrolet Impala SS
Miguel Gonzalez 1995 Chevrolet Impala SS
James Miller 2007 Chrysler 300C SRT8
Nabil Guffey 1994 Chevrolet Impala SS
David Braxton 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS
Don Lambert 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS
Russell Pryor 2003 Mercury Marauder
Frank Goergen 2004 Mercury Marauder
Thomas Raia 2003 Lincoln LS V8
Bill DeBlasio 1995 Chevrolet Impala SS
Jason Scarborough 2006 Dodge Charger R/T Hemi
Kenny Canniff 1995 Chevrolet Impala SS
David Hixson 1990 Lincoln Mark VII
John Friel III 2003 Mercury Marauder
JESSE JACKSON JR 1995 Chevrolet Impala SS
Lenny Lipkin 2008 Ford Mustang Gt
Bobby Bishop 2000 Ford Mustang Gt
Terry Kehne
John Nero
Glenn Packard 2003 Mercury Marauder

4k with driver if you're in the brackets. I do the run all day class, so it doesn't matter what it weighs.

hmmmm its brakets so if you add weight to the car..... say bolt some bricks in the trunk.... would that be legal?

Important Announcement Concerning SSHS8:

We have been seeking sponsors for the event. There are still 2 or 3 class
sponsorships available if anybody is interested in promoting your company or
club. Sponsorship packages are listed below, but an additional benefit for class sponsorships is the recognition when the class sponsor’s name is broadcast on the PA system. This will happen many times during the day, as the different rounds of eliminations are run. Some other levels of sponsorship get online advertisement at SSHS8.com as well as the name/logo printed on the event t-shirt.

We need to have the sponsorship information soon in order to put the name on the t-shirts, so any interested parties please reply soon.

Sponsorship Packages:

$500 - Class Sponsor - Full Website Coverage - Logo/Ad/Link on SSHS8.com
- Choose 1 - Class A, B, C, D, Big Dog & King Of The Hill Sponsorship. Note: Big Dog, Class "D" and class "C" are sold
- Sponsor Name on Trophy.
- 2 General Admission Tickets Into Event
- Name On Back Of Official SSHS8 T-Shirt
- 1 Official SSHS8 T-Shirt

$250 - Event Sponsor - Logo/Name On Sponsor Page Of SSHS8.com
- 2 General Admission Tickets Into Event
- 1 Official SSHS8 T-Shirt

$100 - Friends of SSHS - 1 General Admission ticket into event

In addition to sponsorships another way to help is to volunteer at the event. We are seeking gate personnel (8:00 - 3:00) and scale monitor (1:00 - 4:00). We would like multiple volunteers so everyone can have time to enjoy part of the afternoon track action.

To inquire, email: sschingler@charter.net

i was gonna say isn't the LS just shy of 3700lbs? maybe with gas and driver could hit the 4k mark..

Where are all the Mark VIII racers at? This is the premier event to attend for our cars, and there are only 3 pre-registered Mark VIII's one month before the event??? What's up with that?

I was looking forward to laying the smack down on a fleet of Mark's this year. Knock off the armchair keyboard racing, and BRING IT! If you dare... :cool:

One month to go until the Shootout! Hope you participants are prepared to bow to the SSHS8 King of the Hill! - insert my name here... :)

hmmmm its brakets so if you add weight to the car..... say bolt some bricks in the trunk.... would that be legal?

Best way to add weight would be steel plate weights right under the spare tire. Could dial it in perfect and should be legal as they would be bolted down.

Hey Guys, I have been at the Silver Dollar track here in Reynolds, GA the last two days watching the SSHS8 Big Dog contender Speedfactory/Injected Engineering Charger T&T, meanwhile, breaking the LX platform World Record last night, and then again today, SMASHING the record big time! Better put your A game on! Here is the video from last night.

YouTube - "LX WORLD RECORD"

We will have the commemorative t-shirts available for $20.00ea at the Holiday Inn Express (Commerce) on Friday night from 2pm through around 7pm in the small conference room. Brian (Fordnut) did an excellent job in the design and procurement! The arrived from Knoxville via "special courier" this week. (They will also be available race day at the track.)

I was asked to post this by one of our Mopar friends. This is regarding the VP fuel station at the track.

Hey Mike,

Can you post this on the sites you've been promoting this on? I emailed the VP guy, and this was his response:

I will be there then. If you can spead the word, tell the people we have 15 different kinds of VP Racing Fuel (sold by the gallon or per 55 gallon drum) including methanol onsite. As well as upper lube, fuel jugs, jug parts, VP shirts, and more.

Credit Cards accepted

Fuel available by the gallon:
Unleaded 93, 101
Leaded Fuel below:
VP Blue
C12
C14
C16
Q16
C19
C23
C25
IMPORT
METHANOL M1
M3
M5

Friday T&T is rained out! Got the slicks on The Mark and through tech, and the sky opened up... :( See you all tomorrow! Drive safe!

Members online

No members online now.
Back