Someone please help!! 2000 lincoln ls v8

cally412

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Lincoln ls v8 and I don't know where to start with this.. I bought the car with a bad engine because it was extremely cheap and Ive always wanted this car! I bought an engine and took it to a garage to install it. Upon unloading the engine from the bed of a chevy 1500 pick-up, the chain on their cherrypicker snapped and my engine fell about 4 ft and smashed off the floor causing oil to go EVERYWHERE!! They replaced the pan and continued to install the engine. After it was complete and I spent $2200 on the install and various other replacement parts they tell me I have a bad oil pump!!!!!!! which is the same labor time as swapping the engine!!! the car starts and runs but sounds absolutely HORRIBLE!! Not to mention my oil light being on! there is knocking sounds coming from what sounds like the upper end of the engine and Im not sure what to do because I lost my job behind my car not working and Im extremely low on funds now! I need some advice! someone told me the sound Im hearing could be coming from timing chain tensioners being bad but that doesn't explain the oil light. Any ideas? I would really hate to get rid of this car after buying all of the new parts for it and putting so much time into it.

Yes. I heard the motor run before install and it ran perfectly fine. I started to check things out on my own about two days ago. I removed both valve covers and noticed that one of my coil boots were a brownish color, the flat parts of my cam lobes were not in line at all which leads me to believe my timing is out as well. I checked the tensiors and they are fine. I drained my oil and dropped the pan to see if any metal shavings were there and there wasnt a spec. I also removed my oil pickup to check it and it looks brand new!! Im not sure where to go from here.. Im thinking about trying to adjust my timing on my own with rented tools. I was told if the timing was off bad enough it would cause a bad engine knock from parts hitting each other.... Hopefully that is the problem. I may take a peek at the oil pump while doing it. I just hope nothing internally got damaged...

Also there was a warranty on the motor but the shop that installed my engine voided it by dropping it.....

the shop that dropped it owns getting you back in your car with no issue.
it doesnt help that your out of money, but they are responsible for dropping
the dam thing.

... Upon unloading the engine from the bed of a chevy 1500 pick-up, the chain on their cherrypicker snapped and my engine fell about 4 ft and smashed off the floor causing oil to go EVERYWHERE!! ....

Who dropped the engine? You? or Them? If it was them, they are responsible for the damage. If it was you, you're SOL.

Members online

No members online now.
Back