some progress

BAD97LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
i dont care if this is in the mark section i am a mark owner too and the people i talk to on here are in this section so thats why i post it here. enjoy

so i spent thursday night, friday night and nearly all day today, clay bar'n, cutting and polishing the paint, even had to wet sand some areas, but its all ready for hand wax, its polished and stripped clean with dish soap, tomorrow i will hand wax it but this thing cleaned up amazing. i love it, tint, wheels and exhaust are next!

420085_3119510715069_1483581914_3001034_871121533_n.jpg

407026_3119511275083_1483581914_3001035_251103881_n.jpg

422630_3119511955100_1483581914_3001037_930809452_n.jpg

426367_3119512875123_1483581914_3001039_864225882_n.jpg

424162_3119835803196_1483581914_3001346_1729651257_n.jpg

421946_3119836363210_1483581914_3001347_1636052565_n.jpg

Lookin' good! That's going to be one nice ride in the near future.

Nice!

I never realized it until now, but moving the spoiler back a few inches would really make it look way better (in my opinion, of course). My friend has a 99 GT that he did that to, and the difference is really quite amazing. I don't like that spoiler at all in the stock location, but just that slight modification of moving it rearward a couple inches really made it look good.

Just something to think about, and it's essentially free...

It's your car, do what you like, I just noticed the difference in your picture from my memory of his car, and figured I'd tell you about it. :)

haha ya i guess you can say that, im a founder here, been here since the beginning

Time for a new license plate!!:D

Yeah no kidding, like a DMV issued one considering I pay extra every year to have the vanity. My wife asked me if I could just switch it with her tag on my 98 lsc, my birthday is in march maybe I will do that just go to the DMV and have them swap the two tags around.

Looking good Jamie! I never did understand the black with tan interior combo on any car though.

I know what it needs! Do a the dohc swap then throw some Lincoln emblems on the fenders and deck lid!!!!

shes clean man, finding an unmolested stang is a rarity in itself ! Possibilities are endless for that car !

its simple really:

some people like black cars, and also like tan interiors ;):shifty:

Personally, I always thought that a tan interior was the perfect contrast to a black paint job. It just looks..."right" to me. Our Cobra is Black with a black/tan two-tone interior. I think it looks fantastic!

Nice car, I just can't do the interior though. Looking forward to seeing how the car turns out.

i hate tan too, in the pics i took the sun was blasting on it making it look more like peanut butter, i havent looked up the actual trim code but the interior looks just like prairie tan or even like mocha in the 93 marks, its no where near saddle color. there is a guy near me parting out a white 2000 gt with black leather, i am seeing how much he wants for the black seats front and rear, i may two tone the interior, i may leave it. i dont know but the interior in my car is flawless, even the front seats, not a single wrinkle, crack, rip, burn nothing its in awesome condition. i can live with the tan its not a big deal to me. i like tan inside this car alot better than i like tan inside a mark VIII, sometimes the same colors look ok in one car and not another!

i hate tan too, in the pics i took the sun was blasting on it making it look more like peanut butter, i havent looked up the actual trim code but the interior looks just like prairie tan or even like mocha in the 93 marks, its no where near saddle color. there is a guy near me parting out a white 2000 gt with black leather, i am seeing how much he wants for the black seats front and rear, i may two tone the interior, i may leave it. i dont know but the interior in my car is flawless, even the front seats, not a single wrinkle, crack, rip, burn nothing its in awesome condition. i can live with the tan its not a big deal to me. i like tan inside this car alot better than i like tan inside a mark VIII, sometimes the same colors look ok in one car and not another!

It's that "newness" that makes it more attractive; men always want "new cow". You've been driving Mark's for what, 16 years?

lol god damn dude i am not that old no 8 years, but i have always owned another kind of vehicle with my marks so i always had something different to drive if i got sick of the marks, it just took along time to get so sick of marks that i can honestly say i am finally finished with them, once my 98 dies on my wife, she will get something different too and that will be the end of my mark era!

F any interior color that isn't black. My current Mark and my 95 SHO both got full black interior swaps...

Jamie, I havent always been a Mark VIII guy. Here's a 2 toned interior that I worked on. My stepfather & I purchased this 97 Cobra & completely restored it. Check out what the interior used to look like & how we changed it around. 2 toned interior's aren't bad looking at all.

First picture will make you puke. Trust me, it made me puke!!!

BEFORE:
P1030901.gif

AFTER:
IMAG0116ss.gif

IMAG0119ss.gif

EXTERIOR SHOTS

IMAG0112ss.gif

IMAG0128-1.gif

Personally, I always thought that a tan interior was the perfect contrast to a black paint job. It just looks..."right" to me. Our Cobra is Black with a black/tan two-tone interior. I think it looks fantastic!

pretty much how i feel, it works because it "contrasts"

Members online

No members online now.
Back