Sold the 00 LS8 Sport a year and a half ago. Now i'm looking at a 04 LS8.

cannons_custom

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,
It's been forever since i've been on here and I have to admit I miss it. I've been lurking on here for about a week or so. I miss having my LS which connected me to all of this. The information i've received from many members on here was priceless and i'm looking at jumping back on the wagon. I have regretted selling my LS since I did it and I think I might have to buy one again. I've been checking this one out: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/cto/2339006447.html

First off i'm just wondering. Is the transmission in the gen 2 weaker then the trans in the gen 1 I had before? I'm basically wondering what you all think of this car and what I should watch out for. Also what are the pro's and con's of the gen 2 versus the gen 1 I had? Thanks ahead of time.

Cannon (Mitch)

There were several things that were improved on the second generation such as coils amongst other things.

I also heard that the 2nd gens were limited to 133-135mph. If I do end up with this 04 if I buy the sct x3 for it would I be able to override this limiter?

The gen 2 is really an all around better car, since they fixed so much with them. You should be able to remove the rev & speed limiter with an x3. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Members online

No members online now.
Back