So I let my girl borrow the car and... well you know how this ends

DrewSG

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
She said she pulled up too far on a parking curb. :tebow:

59809169596418307880.jpg

51624959959677380629.jpg

Am I gonna need a new bumper?

Looks like she pulled the skid plate and it, in turn, pulled the fender well.

WOW, she sure it wasn't a small child.... new bumper, No. climb under and take all the guards off and re-install. im sure she ripped some bolt holes out. but its just plastic... it can be attached back....

women... LOL

Nah -like G-RELL & Andrizzle said above, just pull off the old one and reattach - most autoparts stores sell the little black plastic mounting pins.

Hardest part is taking it all apart and getting it back together. Like was already mentioned, worse case some of the bolt holes are ripped/stripped. You might have to get creative fastening some of the pieces back together. One time when I was younger and pulled the air-dam off a Merc cougar, actually used a small piece of MDF wood trim and small wood screws to keep it together. Always an option, even if it might be a tacky one. Just paint the screw heads so they don't rust. :p

I miss having a POS car. They were so easy to fix. LOL

trust me. she could have done a lot worse... fix it up, no one will ever know

This time of year it's probably best to give it a quick fix, quietly take the keys away, and not bring it up.

Side note: a couple different ways my wife's hit parking curbs- head on (that scraping sound means too far), from the side (yeah that big bump was a curb you ran over), the back (when you're in reverse and the car isn't moving that doesn't mean give it more gas till the tires smoke, it's that hunk of cement digging into the bumper)

Members online

No members online now.
Back