Smokey & The Bandit

tlake

LVC Member
Reaction score
Smokey & The Bandit used to be one of my favorite films years ago. The sequal was ok, but the first film still rocks!

Sheriff Buford T. Justice: "What we have here is a total lack of respect for the law!"

to Junior: "There is no way that you could have come from my loins". :biggrin:

Smokey trilogy

Bandit car I

Bandit car II, son of Trigger

East Bound and Down! :steering

"I'm gonna barbeque your a$$ in molasses"

I love that movie! I have it on DVD and watch it from time to time. It's got some great one liners.

Me too. One of my favorite movies. Even today, it's fun to watch. I don't think most women understand it though. The word childish and dumb usually come up

I don't think it's childish or dumb at all. I wonder how anyone could possibly think that? :biggrin:

Buford:

"She insulted my town, she insulyed my son...nuthin' but but pure and simple, plain old fashion communism!"

"Happens everytime one of them dancers starts poontangin' around with them showfolk :q:q:qs!!"

Bandit to big and little Enos Burdette "What do we have here? A 68 fat and a size 12 dwarf"

codewize said:
I don't think most women understand it though. The word childish and dumb usually come up

Yeah my wife HATES IT!

RIP Jackie Gleason! One of the best movies ever. I watch at least once a month, along with Hooper, MADMAX, Caddyshack and Close Encounters Of The Third Kind.

ONEBADMK8 said:
RIP Jackie Gleason! One of the best movies ever. I watch at least once a month, along with Hooper, MADMAX, Caddyshack and Close Encounters Of The Third Kind.

I'm coming over for movie night - Like your choices.

I'll bring the beer get the popcorn ready. :Beer

I haven't seen Hooper in years. It had Burt Reynolds, Jan Michael Vincent and they did a big stunt jump in a red Trans Am if I recall.
The original Caddyshack was excellent, but once again the sequel isn't that great.

ONEBADMK8 said:

I'll be in the area Saturday Morning - Get the movie machine running!!

I'll bring the beer :Beer

I make it a point to indulge my four year old in all three Smokey and The Bandit Movies... and he is a big fan of the trilogy!

And don't go home, and don't go to eat, and don't play with yourself. It wouldn't look nice on my highway.

You sumnabitches couldn't close an umbrella!

Not the movie with nicholas cage, that's where they called it a "boost" and most of the movie involved talking. the original was made by Toby Halicki who also played Madrian Pace. very little was talking, and the yellow mustang held up for 40 minutes, wheras the Shelby died maybe twenty minutes into the chase?

caddyshack17901 said:
Not the movie with nicholas cage, that's where they called it a "boost" and most of the movie involved talking. the original was made by Toby Halicki who also played Madrian Pace. very little was talking, and the yellow mustang held up for 40 minutes, wheras the Shelby died maybe twenty minutes into the chase?
The last Gone in 60 seconds sucked ass!

caddyshack17901 said:
You have to have the original Gone in 60 Seconds in a car movie marathon, otherwise it's incomplete...
Amen to that! "SHADDUP YOU MOOSE TWIT! " (my fave quote from S&TB)
Bump the "new 60 seconds ricer crap with Nicky "Crappola" Cage. The original Elaenor could rip the snot out of the "new" one with all four tires shredded! Oh and don't forget "Repo Man" Great movie, Killer Soundtrack!
Oh, and throw in a copy of Death Race 2000,too!

Randeaux said:
Amen to that! "SHADDUP YOU MOOSE TWIT! " (my fave quote from S&TB)
Bump the "new 60 seconds ricer crap with Nicky "Crappola" Cage. The original Elaenor could rip the snot out of the "new" one with all four tires shredded! Oh and don't forget "Repo Man" Great movie, Killer Soundtrack!
Oh, and throw in a copy of Death Race 2000,too!

Go get'em Frankenstein!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back