"Smart Pedal" software

LS 2006

LVC Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if the LS has so-called "smart pedal" software that cuts engine power any time both the accelerator pedal and brake pedal are depressed at the same time?

Was wondering if the LS has so-called "smart pedal" software that cuts engine power any time both the accelerator pedal and brake pedal are depressed at the same time?

Not as far as I know. Besides, Ford doesn't have the problems with it's throttle-by-wire that Toyota does. There have been a very large number of complaints about Toyotas accelerating on their own.

you could never trail-brake if it did that.....

you don't trail brake a Prius.

My LS spits out puppies and kittens when I press down on both...I was wondering if they'd every fix this problem :p

No, it doesn't. Now thanks to Toyota, probably all new cars will in the next year or two.

oh and BTW, I ROFL because of this Toyota issue because who's the manufacture who benefited most from this Cash For Clunkers Deal? YUP...TOYOTATA! I laugh at all my toyota friends (unless they got a supra...which is highly unlikely..I see them once in a blue moon). Karma is a b*tch Toyota!

Normally I speak french, my traduction couldn't be the right one but I make some effort to everyone can understand was I say.

Thanx to correct me if I do some fault.

Members online

Back