Skinnies

driller

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
New Weld Racing wheels up front for the track...

Western-20120311-00333.jpg

Western-20120311-00337.jpg

Looks great
are we going to see pics of your car in drag week?
Cause you should enter.

I want to do this so bad but I cannot stand the look of the FN10 and MN12's with skinnies with that spacer, too far out for me. I would do it in one second if there were a way to go without doing the spacers.

You could just put mustang gt brakes on for drag racing days.
Then you could fit 15" wheels over the brakes.
Or get the wheels you like in 17's and have them narrowed

Yeah I saw a Tbird ONE time at the Ford race at Atco a few years back. He had the normal tucked look on 15 inch Welds. Well My bullets are for sale now, lol.

Damn now that looks mean!! Way better than the spare tires up front..

What size rim and tire do you have in the rear, are they pro stars as well?

Looks good. do you know what they weigh?

Not yet, probably a couple pounds heavier than the previous 17" Cobra spares with M&H front runners. The 165 steel belted radials are heavy when compared to a true front runner tire, even with tubes.

I want to do this so bad but I cannot stand the look of the FN10 and MN12's with skinnies with that spacer, too far out for me. I would do it in one second if there were a way to go without doing the spacers.

I agree the spacers stick the wheel out too far. But for a track only wheel that clears the big brakes, I can live with it. I don't think I'd ever want the spacers on the street.

What size rim and tire do you have in the rear, are they pro stars as well?

The current rear wheel setup is a 15x8 Weld Racing DragLite with a 5.5" backspace wrapped in a Hoosier 26x9.50 QTP DOT Drag Tire. After seeing the combo together, I'll be getting a matching set of ProStars for the rear soon with 26" or 27" slicks. I have a set of 27" QTPs on the shelf I want to burn through before I decide on the optimum diameter.

They may have been spare wheels but they were not spare tires. ;)

I had a track official chase down the car in the pits once when the tower informed them they suspected I was running temp spares! :D

Members online

Back