Ski chute in an LS?

ROTFL!!! A ski chute is an opening in the back seat, located primarily behind the arm rest. It was used to allow you to load long items thru the car(such as skis) into the back seat.

NYC LS8

....:shifty: "No, I had no clue that I could do that" lol Of course I knew that, I'm just tall and my seats are all the way back:D I hate laying the seats down like that tho.

I think I'm going to cut out a slot in the back seat, making a hole in the back seat basically. Just trying something new.

While not as comfortable you can still seat 2 people, left rear, and center, while putting down the narrower right rear passenger seat back down.

I do not recall seeing any auto with three sections that fold down, I would not want to give up being able to put down the 60/40 split fold seat back for a little hole at the armrest. I think that would invite a chance for more rattles and being able to secure the trunk area.

I'm not giving up the 60/40 ratio @ all. Just taking a small piece of metal off of the back of the seat. (Looking @ the back of the "60" sized seat, it's all metal. All I'd do is cut a little rectangle out of it.) As far as rattles, the only thing that rattles is my sub back there;) . And my ports in the rear deck eliminate some of that.

+1 on how much of a bitch it is to put the rear seats down. I actually have to move my front seats all up forward just so the rear has clearance to fold down, then I don't have the same amount of room because I have to have the seat all the way back and then the back leaned some and it won't go all the way back with the rear seat down..

If you have adjustable rear seat headrests (i know my 2000 sport does, not sure about the others), you could remove them when you fold the seat down...

anyone know the hardest part about skiing?
telling your parents your gay.
ha ha, just kidding. never even been skiing

gay??? He is not doing a cut out on his fender.

It would be great for booze cruising. My parents have this in there lincoln and there buick and its great to even move stuff to the trunk.

I test drove a 2001 Audi A6 and that had a ski pass through behind the rear armrest. What was nice that I liked was that after you pulled the little trap door down, there was a heavy duty plastic like bag (waterproof) that was attached to the hole and came into the car. It was basically a long sleeve that the skiis would go into, and thus protecting the inside of the car. Really nice design. I looked for pictures of it but couldnt find any. I'd like to make one for snowboards someday. Good luck!

Putting hinges on the cutout might be an added plus also.
I like the Saab design.
I need a ski cutout too, so people can still sit in the rear seats.
I only take the LS up to Tahoe when I know that no chains are required.

Members online

No members online now.
Back