Single or Double X pipe?

jdlmkviii

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I know that either way, an X pipe helps flow. I'm getting exhaust put on soon (within the next week or so hopefully) and I'm having trouble deciding whether to go with one or 2 X pipes. I have heard stuff about a double X pipe increasing low end torque, which is obviously what Mark VIII's SCREAM for. But the shoppe I've been going to said that he's never really heard of putting TWO X pipes on, and that it would probably restrict flow even more. So does anyone have any opinions, suggestions, explanations?

P.S. I'm having the 3rd cat cut off, 2 1/2" piping and the pipes are probably going to be flanged on the 1st and 2nd cats. and I also have 2 straight thru mufflers going on.

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.

We started the Twin XX Pipe technology, it works, it in NO way restricts flow, we have been using this for 7 years now. It also tremendeously helps with the interrior resonence and drone. Call me up we have the ONLY ORIGINAL Twin XX pipe setup and our very own muffler lineup just for these cars.

lmspipes1.jpg

Wrong forum. . . I seen two x-pipes on a M8. I thought it looked weird at first glance. But I have no idea if it helps or not. Maybe its for show. I dunno. . .

Sifrino3 said:
Wrong forum. . . I seen two x-pipes on a M8. I thought it looked weird at first glance. But I have no idea if it helps or not. Maybe its for show. I dunno. . .

Its not for show, it's for torque and drone/resonance control.

ONEBADMK8 said:
We started the Twin XX Pipe technology, it works, it in NO way restricts flow, we have been using this for 7 years now. It also tremendeously helps with the interrior resonence and drone. Call me up we have the ONLY ORIGINAL Twin XX pipe setup and our very own muffler lineup just for these cars.

lmspipes1.jpg

Damn, if I had a M8 and you could make the pipes look that nice going down the car. I would buy from you in a second. Why don't you have an M7 exhaust line? Something you could polt up in the driveway or something. Stage one's kit could be from H-pipe back and stage two could be the full exhaust.

I have been noticing no one likes to go and peice there xhaust system togeather. Or deal with the Mustang pipes. They would rather buy one kit that they know will work with no problems. . .

We have our XpansionX chamber ss mufflers in offset/offset for the VII's, always have. Our single or twin XX fits the VII's as well.

Sure looks good. But I live in Pittsburgh, not so sure I'd want to come all the way out to New Jersey just to have an exhaust put on. And keep in mind that I'm only 17 LOL. This place I've been going to said they'll do anything I want for around $300-$400. And I already have mufflers and the X pipes are on the way.

jdlmkviii said:
Sure looks good. But I live in Pittsburgh, not so sure I'd want to come all the way out to New Jersey just to have an exhaust put on. And keep in mind that I'm only 17 LOL. This place I've been going to said they'll do anything I want for around $300-$400. And I already have mufflers and the X pipes are on the way.

you do not have to come here, we ship the critical components and you have it piped in locally.

jdlmkviii said:
What all is it that you'd send me? and any price range?

The XpansionX SS LIFETIME mirror chrome poished mufflers (in the pic) are $99.00 each and the ss lifetime Triple XX-pipe torque chamber is $269.00.

That is a killer setup. A better question to ask might be how bad drone is with one x-pipe. If it's noticable, then it is well worth it, if you ask me, to run a second x-pipe to get rid of it. If it doesn't change much, don't bother.

I'm looking for the "IN YOUR FACE" kind of sound. I want people to be lookin all over when I approach thru town.

JoshMcMadMac said:
That is a killer setup. A better question to ask might be how bad drone is with one x-pipe. If it's noticable, then it is well worth it, if you ask me, to run a second x-pipe to get rid of it. If it doesn't change much, don't bother.

It makes a huge difference with two. The sound is UNREAL as well. VERY ultra exotic.

I agree. Geno'setup is hot. Step up to the plate jdlmkviii. It is a few more bucks but you won't be disappointed. Go for it.

Sifrino3 said:
Where is the pictures? Was it worth it?

I do not have any. We sent the critical components out to MANY VII owners and they had it installed, everytime I asked for pics from each of them and they all said "Yeah, yeah..Ill send ya' some" and never did.

2 x pipes? whats the thinking?

if this really increases torque and hp, why isn't everyone doing this? x pipe tech originated in nascar, where they still only use a single crossover. I think david vizzard did some testing with multiple crossovers back in the day and ruled it was useless...

why aren't nmra guys using 2 x's?

where are dyno sheets showing more hp/tq after adding an additional x?

MAT88GT said:

if this really increases torque and hp, why isn't everyone doing this? x pipe tech originated in nascar, where they still only use a single crossover. I think david vizzard did some testing with multiple crossovers back in the day and ruled it was useless...

why aren't nmra guys using 2 x's?

where are dyno sheets showing more hp/tq after adding an additional x?

:I Took the words right out of my mouth.

MAT88GT said:
Quality of sound for one thing. High flow mufflers coupled with a twin x and a 32 valve motor gets you close to nirvana. Some of us LIKE to drive around with the radio off, just to hear the music.

Yeah, but some engines take a little less "tweaking" to get them to sound good. A good old 5.7 sounds great with virtually any exhaust. ;)

Members online

Back