Should I...

Dacket

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Should I trade my 00 v8 sport for a 05 g35? I don't know, never really driven one before. It seems kind of nice, isn't it smaller than the LS? Well anyway...

I got a letter in the mail from my local Ford dealership saying, basically, they want to buy my LS from me (at "above market price") because they need to expand their "used" inventory... so I went there to check it out and got my Applebee's gift card... yay! ... I guess. But they just don't seem to have anything I could really get into, aside from the MKS or Taurus SHO... but yeah, a little to pricey for me. The guy tried to tell me that he had a Zephyr there that would have the performance I'm lookin for, but I didn't want to be rude... lol

So I basically told him that if you had an 06+ Infinity M45 (or even an M35x) then I would be interested. He said he'd keep an eye out and give me a call.
Their inventory does seem to be lacking horribly though... You can check their site out HERE.

Their ploy to get you in there and part you with your money seems to have worked. lol

Oh yeah I know lol, I call bull :q:q:q:q on that whole "above market price" lol
Then again, I'm facing full coil, plug and probably gasket replacement, ball joints and alternator. Seeing how I don't have a garage or any space (or spare car for that matter) to work on this myself, I will be paying an ass load for all that. Gettin a new car is the easy way out lol.

Those letters are typically sent to previous customers in order to get them to buy a new(er) vehicle off their lot.

It's basically a legal form of Bait and switch, since chances are they won't just buy your car and give you cash for it so you can go across the street to the Infinity dealer to buy a car there.

The Infiniti's are nice rides though. Had a Q45 around 2003 for about 8 months till I got tired of it.

Yeah, I agree. I passed up a Q45 for the LS on the same lot when I got it. The LS was sportier... naturally :) Basically where I stand is, if I can get a "better" car, then I will. I love the LS, but, I was in need of a car fast when I got it, and now I have a better job and to many problems all at once. Only payin 200 a month for it now, wouldn't mind having a better ride for 100+ more a month that I would probably enjoy more.

Just wish I had a place to work on it, then I would probably love the car even more.

Drive it, you may love it. If so, go for it. Just be sure to hide a note about lincolnvscadillac somewhere in your LS for the next owner :)

Drive it, you may love it. If so, go for it. Just be sure to hide a note about lincolnvscadillac somewhere in your LS for the next owner :)

I actually seriously thought about that lol. There is an LS owner at work that works at a different shift than I, so I have no idea who it is. But I thought about puttin a piece of paper with the URL of this site on it in their wiper blade lol

I got a letter in the mail from my local Ford dealership saying, basically, they want to buy my LS from me (at "above market price") because they need to expand their "used" inventory... so I went there to check it out and got my Applebee's gift card... yay! ...

I say go there, get your Applebees card, and if they actually give you above market value then sell it to them. I will pretty much guaranty that there idea of market value and yours aren't even close. Anyway don't look at other cars. Just tell them their inventory is truly lacking and maybe you'll be back when it's better. Bring a friend to drive you around and find a better car, or newer LS?

Oh I got my gift card all right! lol One of the reasons I went! hah I looked around on autotrader and seen that for 2k more, I could get an 07 G35x with half the miles. So I think I will indeed look elsewhere. The Zephyr just doesn't cut it for me... plus somebody at work just got one... I can't be a copy cat! :p

Members online

No members online now.
Back