should a car idle at like aboce 1000 when you first start up in the morning

B

bigdog1279

when i first start my car in the morning my idle is above 1000 then after a few minuts it starts to go down and then ones it,s in gare and driving for a little bit when im stoped at a light and it,s in drive it,s at like just under 1000 or is it 100 im not shure how it,s marks i forget but i know the first number

Usully if its cold out it will Idle about 2000RPM or higher for most cars, in the summer its about 1000 RPM then drops down for my Mark.

cool was just wondering couser min in the morning idles at about
1500 when i first start it then it gets down to about just about 1000 like 1100 or 1200
and then it goes to like
below 1000 ones i shift and move the can and am stoped ad light or stoped to shift gears agen into drive
is this good is this normale

also in the winter do you ever hear a noice comming from yous i hear sommthing in the winter time like a ratle when i first start the car but only the first time erly in the morning when i start the car when it,s realy cold
i don,t know what that is

bigdog1279 said:
cool was just wondering couser min in the morning idles at about
1500 when i first start it then it gets down to about just about 1000 like 1100 or 1200
and then it goes to like
below 1000 ones i shift and move the can and am stoped ad light or stoped to shift gears agen into drive
is this good is this normale

also in the winter do you ever hear a noice comming from yous i hear sommthing in the winter time like a ratle when i first start the car but only the first time erly in the morning when i start the car when it,s realy cold
i don,t know what that is

That's normal. Just don't drive until it returns to normal idle, which I think is around 600-800 RPM's. By that time, the car's oiling and cooling systems are up to par...

cool thanks
have you ever heard or seen a car with that problem i mention that i have in the winter time about hte noise i hear

bigdog1279 said:
cool thanks
have you ever heard or seen a car with that problem i mention that i have in the winter time about hte noise i hear
its timing chain rattle and if it goes away in a few sec to a min you are fine and its normal. :wrench

ok cool
thank
if somtthing goes rong with that how mouch is it to fix

bigdog1279 said:
ok cool
thank
if somtthing goes rong with that how mouch is it to fix
to replace the timing chain setup is a major job your looking at 1800 or more.
the 4.6 is an interferance engine you break a chain or slip a few teeth your up into 3000 or more as you will be replacing valves possable pistons and heads.ive heard of dealerships charging 5-6000 to replace an entire 4.6 in a conti.the timing chain setup as a kit is around 550 at an auto parts,but the 4.6 's are supposed to have timing setups good for life of the engine.these prices are dealer prices a private garage will be 20-40 % lower maybe.

it,s not realy somthing that gose away or stay
it,s just somthing that happen first thing in the morning
when i start the car

ok was just curious couse i never heard anything like that on any of my other cars befor

also is 2000 a good idol for driving on the Highway at 65 miles perhoure somtime it hites 2100 2200 but only gose higher then thet when i excell to like 70 or 75
just curious
if this is good

bigdog1279 said:
also is 2000 a good idol for driving on the Highway at 65 miles perhoure somtime it hites 2100 2200 but only gose higher then thet when i excell to like 70 or 75
just curious
if this is good

again normal :Beer

cool thanks
was just curious wanted to make shur everything is good

Members online

Back