Shock bump stop

myfirstls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello guys. Did some search but couldn't find what I'm looking for.

I'm in need for bump stop that on the front shock. Can I buy this separately? If so, what's the part # for this?

I recently did shock (KYB) and spring (Eibach Pro Kit) change. Spring instruction told me to trim about 2cm from the bump stop but I'm scraping bottom of my car pretty much on every speed bumps. I'm even thinking of putting the stock spring back in due to this.

I need help............

BTW, with above setup, it's too soft for my taste. Feels softer than stock setup.

the bump stops won't raise the car up any...

if your suspension is fully compressing and hitting the bump stops, you should just slow down.

I'm not trying to raise the car, but prevent shocks from bottoming out. I'm not sure if indeed bottoming out right now, but I thought it worth a shot. If it won't prevent from hitting, I probably change the spring to stock one.

the bumpstop will keep the shock from bottoming out. when i revamped the suspension
on my ls, i just reused the factory stops on the new shocks. just use a little brake cleaner
for lube to slide it on the new piston rod.

Does not appear to be separately available.

Looks like:
1) Switch back to stock springs. Ride height goes back up, but shocks are still soft and will still bottom out

2) Get shocks from a junkyard and pull off the bump stops.

3) Get new Motorcraft shocks. Availability is always spotty. I'm relatively certain that the shocks are actually identical for all years yet availability is different per year. So just poke around. Getting the right style - standard, sport, euro - is the hardest bit as the cross-reference is a PITA to find.

Members online

No members online now.
Back