Shims for the brakes?

01LincolnLSV8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just recently got my new powerslot rotors and hawk HPS pads put on, but they are squeeling like a pig whenever i come to a stop and apply more pressure. i already did the break in procedures for the pads and rortors and i cant seem to figure out why its doing this. the mechanic that put them on is quite good at what he does so theres little chance he screwed something up.. could it have to do with the shims? I'm not sure what to do i'm about to buy some other pads, i was told the hawk stuff is great, and it seems to be they stop on a dime let me tell you... but i cant stand this noise this is why i did my brakes in the first place... I read the other posts about the squeeling and i've pretty much already tried evertything listed int hose posts....

Thanks,
Josh

I have yet to see a set of aftermarket pads that come with the anti-rattle springs. If he didnt swap them over from your old pads that could be your problem.

Jay

LincolnTech38 said:
I have yet to see a set of aftermarket pads that come with the anti-rattle springs. If he didnt swap them over from your old pads that could be your problem.

Jay

hmmmm good point i guess i'll have to ask....

i have the same prob. new pads and rotors, but squeaking like CRAZY!!!!! Its killin me. i`m about to try the oe pads to see if that makes a difference. these will be my 3rd pair of new pads :-s

Members online

Back