Shift kit for 5 spd. auto?

jcavz24x

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Is there any electronic kits for the '01 v6 ls that will bump the line pressure in the trans and cause faster, better shifting?

How about for the '96 explorer and '00 marquis?

Chris

I was hoping there would be a plug in box that would do it..like the ones GM has...
"autotrans interceptor"...
I had one for my old car and it worked great

Chris

nope - sorry - the LS is widely heald as the most sophisicated car Ford every built. the PCM, the databus, the ground switching, ...etc were all ahead of it's time - which also makes it the most difficult to change.

SCT has cracked the PCM - I am running modified shift points and shift firmness in my 01 LS with SST.

so how would i go about getting something like that done? and do they have something that will give me more HP? anything else that would be good to get done?
does it mess with my extended warranty?

Chris

Lincoln dealers will flash the pcm to somewhat fix slow shifting, right?

there has been a few updates to the PCM over the years - most focused on the trannie. Flashing the PCM to the most current version is one of the first things the dealer should do if you report the 'slugishness' with the trannie.

Is there anything specific i should say if i bring it in? One of the guys said he knew nothing about it when i called...Another had an idea.
Also, do you know if a transmission is covered under an extended warranty on an '01..I bought it used and ad an existing year to the previous extension. ends in '08

Chris

Members online

No members online now.
Back