Shameless self promotion. 36,000 mile 1996 Diamond Anniversary.

You would probably grab a little more attention if you put the stock rims back on. People see aftermarket rims on a "special" car and it tends to ruin the car's desireability

i agree, lose the ugly aftermarkets and put the stock wheels on, much more desirable with the low miles if it is all stock looking.

I'll trade you my low build number 85' Mustang LX for it so I can do my DOHC drivetrain conversion on my F150 Flareside.

And send the rest of the body off to the scrap metal recyclers.

Dr. SVO phd

I'll trade you my low build number 85' Mustang LX for it so I can do my DOHC drivetrain conversion on my F150 Flareside.

And send the rest of the body off to the scrap metal recyclers.

Dr. SVO phd

Tempting, but no. Personally, I don't care what happens to it after it's out of my possession.

i like the wheels...but i do agree it would prob sell better with the stocks on.

i like the wheels...but i do agree it would prob sell better with the stocks on.

thanks, i kinda liked them too. not too many options from what i found on tire rack and since i got a nice discount through them, it narrowed my options even more. i had picked out a set of the Nascar brand Sonoma wheels, but they only had 3 :mad:
i didn't want the cobra r or bullitt wheels like everyone else.

What it looks like with the stockers:
100_1060.gif

Price is negotiable. :)

Here's the poop: It's a clean car and a real DA, but at some point all the back glass was replaced, so the 1/4 windows do not have the gold etching on them. How do I know this? I found pieces of broken glass in the map pockets on the back of the seats and one of the pieces had some of the gold etching on it. I considered having a set of gold mirrored vinyl decals made up just for the hell of it, but I never got around to it. I'm not the original owner, so I don't have the Waterford crystal. I picked it up through a dealer on a consignment sale from an elderly gentleman's family who I'm sure had no idea the crystal should go with it. The Dealer knew nothing about the car other than where it came from. So, it's pretty much a clean, low mileage Mark VIII with cool seats and nifty floormats. It's got every option available in 96 to my knowledge, even the console mounted mobile phone. I put drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads at all 4 corners, new front calipers, all fluids changed at 30k miles (except rear), 4 new tires on the 18" wheels, what I believe to be original Michelin Pilots on the stock rims with plenty of tread left, replaced both exterior door handles (one broke, so I did them both to avoid the other one breaking down the line), new plugs, a drop in K&N and a set of quiet mufflers that I put on it because I like to hear my car running, but not be obnoxious. Carfax is spotless and everything works.
It is what it is, a nice, low mileage 96 Mark. It's not perfect, but it's never let me down. If it doesn't sell, I keep it and continue to use it as my daily. I'd rather see someone who appreciates these cars have it because I really don't have any special attachment to it. I take great care of it as I do all my cars, but aside from that, it's just another car to me. I've done the research and I know the market value, so I'm realistic with what I expect to get out of it. I'm not trying to pull a fast one or unload a basket case, so if someone shows some ACTUAL interest, I'd be happy to discuss things further over the phone or in person if possible.

Members online

Back