Shaker scoop

MrWilson

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to get a shaker hood for the Mk8? ( yes i know it wont shake)

hmm...well, thats unfortunate. i always thought the car would look hot with one, like on the 04 mach 1

I was wondering why I never saw a front facing scoop on an 8. What about a gen 2 with the "power dome" ?

WTF do they call it a power dome?

im guessing the second gens that have a bit of a bulge on the hood

seanklsc said:
I was wondering why I never saw a front facing scoop on an 8. What about a gen 2 with the "power dome" ?

WTF do they call it a power dome?
I think that name came from the possibilities of a Factory Blown 97/98 Mark VIII. The "Power Dome" would be needed to fit the blower. My factory blown Mark VIII has a distinct "Power Dome" grafted into it to clear the Eaton, and it looks oddly enough like a Gen 2 Bump!

front1a.jpg

front1b.jpg

In this shot the relief for the Eaton under the the dome can clearly be seen as well as a "Notch" in the back of the hood rail.

blowermotor2.jpg

http://www.lincolnmotorsport.com/front2a.jpg

oh man, i cant believe that that car exists. i know that a fiew of you in here know the guy that owns it, but i dont and i was luckey enough to see it at holman ford sometime in the summer. i Love the hood on that thing, do we know if there is a hood that we can get that is like that i love the 16 24# injectors on it, that is funny.

MrWilson said:
oh man, i cant believe that that car exists. i know that a fiew of you in here know the guy that owns it, but i dont and i was luckey enough to see it at holman ford sometime in the summer. i Love the hood on that thing, do we know if there is a hood that we can get that is like that
Nope sorry. That hood is a one off.

too bad...too bad. Now im thinking of designing one for myself as an extra credid for my CAD class, and somthing cool for us mark owners. im thinking somthing along the lines of the 95 cobra with the two seams of increased hight, then somthing ontop of that like the chrysler shaker of old, with the 2 small grilles offset to the corners a little bit. who likes my idea, or would anyone like me to get a pic posted of my rough draft and final cad drawing?

i dont know geno, the 96-97 tbird cougars had a bouldge also in the hood(kinda like saying is that a sc in your hood or are you just just happy to see me), but then again the svt tbird i think was a 96-97( thats why they might have a bouldge in the hood too)

MrWilson said:
too bad...too bad. Now im thinking of designing one for myself as an extra credid for my CAD class, and somthing cool for us mark owners. im thinking somthing along the lines of the 95 cobra with the two seams of increased hight, then somthing ontop of that like the chrysler shaker of old, with the 2 small grilles offset to the corners a little bit. who likes my idea, or would anyone like me to get a pic posted of my rough draft and final cad drawing?
Already available.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

you can install a shaker hood on your stock hood if you wanted, ive seen it done befor, the shaker was installed in the stock intake of a expidition, it was chris titus's wife's truck on a show rides.........it was functional since it was on the intake and would move when the motor moved............

Members online

Back