Servc (p) Light On!!!!!!

Rflow50

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Today i was on my way to the dealership to get some other problem fix and this message light turned on SERVC (P). What does this mean. When I arrived at the dealership the service advisor didn't know what it was either. I turn off the car and when I turned back on the light was not there anymore, but after I drove it for less than three miles it came back on. To top this off I lost my service operator manual, so I don't have a clue of what this light message is.

Any advice is appreciated. Rick

Please Post Your Year Ls, Engine, Trans, Options, Etc.! Nobody Can Help You Without This Info.

Sorry guys, my car is a 2004 Lincoln Ls V6 and I am located in McAllen, Texas. At the dealership the service advisor didn't Know and the certified mechanic for Lincoln was out on Vacation. With my luck my car ran out of warranty two months ago and it never gave me any problems until three days ago.

It means service the parking brake. Something with the electronic parking brake is not right, and you should have this looked at ASAP.

ToddG said:
It means service the parking brake. Something with the electronic parking brake is not right, and you should have this looked at ASAP.

thanks. I just check the parking brake. When i put the car in drive or reverse and then i activate the parking brake the car stops, but if i press the gas the parking brake disengages automatically, it this normal. Rick

Rflow50 said:
thanks. I just check the parking brake. When i put the car in drive or reverse and then i activate the parking brake the car stops, but if i press the gas the parking brake disengages automatically, it this normal. Rick

Yes this is normal. Read the manual and all will be revealed. Download a PDF copy here:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/

Go to the maintenance tab, and select manuals.

The electronic parking brake automatically disengages when you put the car into forward or reverse gear. It also disengages when the car is in gear and stopped and you push the gas pedal, as you describe above.

ToddG said:
Yes this is normal. Read the manual and all will be revealed. Download a PDF copy here:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/

Go to the maintenance tab, and select manuals.

The electronic parking brake automatically disengages when you put the car into forward or reverse gear. It also disengages when the car is in gear and stopped and you push the gas pedal, as you describe above.

Thanks ToddG.

Members online

No members online now.
Back