seriously thinking of a 06 LSE

214rod

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Im seriously thinking of going for a 06 LSE. I have a 00 LS but lately ive been thinking I should get a new car but I love the LS model & maybe just upgrading to another LS that is newer with less miles & better options seems like the best choice for me. Everthing that i realy want & like the lse already has. For example. Front bumper, chrome exauhst tips, thx nav system, heated/cooled seats, color matched license surround ect...I like my interior color that i already have with the wood trim & all, wasnt sure LSE'S had it but found that they do...heres what i found http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...&cardist=118&standard=false&showvideotab=true
...she's a beauty...the only mods i would do for a car like this would be tint windows, HID'S & angels eyes, 19" rims with tires but nothing too big & led's all in the interior....what do you guys think?:D

Seems like a lot of 1st gen black ones but not so many later models. Looks nice.

The car is nice but the price isnt.If you shop around you should be able to find one similar to that for around $12000 or $13000 at the most

Since you asked.....

Go see it in person. If it is as clean as it looks, I say go for it! If you hear a high pitched tone passing ~2800rpm be aware that you will have to live with it. See if they will give it to you for that price "out the door". Loaded '06 LSes are fairly rare. If you do a nationwide search you will probably find less than 30 with THX/NAV. Also, make them take that dealer sticker off the trunk!

edit
I just did a quick search and found 25 06 LSes with THX/NAV nationwide.

IF that car has HID headlights then it has every option including side curtain airbags and rear seat heaters. While these may be rare, do consider that the OEM warranty has expired and as a result shouldn't command the price of a vehicle still in warranty. Also, CarFax indicates an accident. Just a thought for consideration;-).

Yeah the price just won't cut it right now. but I sure love those low miles...I'm not going to go for this one. I'm going to do some more looking around & wait too see if I come across some more but this is pretty much the EXACT! Car i'm going to go on the hunt for & +1 on removing that damn dealer sticker!

IF that car has HID headlights then it has every option including side curtain airbags and rear seat heaters. While these may be rare, do consider that the OEM warranty has expired and as a result shouldn't command the price of a vehicle still in warranty. Also, CarFax indicates an accident. Just a thought for consideration;-).

You can get HIDs without curtain airbags and rear heated seats.

Looks like they may have washed the title after the accident.

You can get HIDs without curtain airbags and rear heated seats.

Looks like they may have washed the title after the accident.

I was noting that it had curtain airbags and rear htd seats and if it had HIDs it would have all options. didn't see HIDs noted in description but the other options were noted in pics or in vin.

Please explain 'washed the title' if you would be so kind. Thx

My 06 LS has HIDs. It has every option for the 06 year except for heated rear seats. I'm pretty sure that you could get them with HIDs without some of the other options, but they were listed on the sticker as being part of the Elite Package.

For the curious.

Elite package included
17" 5-spoke chrome wheels
Advance Trac
HID headlamps
Navigation/THX audio

Premium package added
Wood Applique
Shifter/steering wheel wood/leather
moonroof
Heated/cooled front seats
adjustable rear head restraints

Separate line item options were
Side curtain airbags
Memory adjustable pedals
Extended rear park assist
Cashmere tri-coat

elite package

So you guys are telling me that there were only 25 Lincoln LS's manufactured with the THX / NAV in 2006? or did you mean currently available for sale.

Also, does anyone have a dealer brochure for a 2006?

So you guys are telling me that there were only 25 Lincoln LS's manufactured with the THX / NAV in 2006? or did you mean currently available for sale.

Also, does anyone have a dealer brochure for a 2006?

Listed for sale.

Listed for sale.

Please explain 'washed the title' if you would be so kind. Thx

It was originally registered in GA, then sold in AL and had the accident where the airbag deployed. From what I've read anytime the airbag blows the car is totaled. If it was repaired after a "total" and then sold it would have a salvage title, not a clear one. The car was then sold at auction in Texas giving it a new title. That title wouldn't show the accident as it is a new issue. The listing also doesn't mention a salvage title.

Like I said, I would avoid this car unless I could get it for $5-$6K. Even then I would have to have a THROUGH inspection done!

Title washing is registering the car in another state that doesn't ask if it's a salvage to remove that info from the title.

Everthing that i realy want & like the lse already has. For example. Front bumper, chrome exauhst tips, thx nav system, heated/cooled seats, color matched license surround ect...I like my interior color that i already have with the wood trim & all, wasnt sure LSE'S had it but found that they do.

Keep in mind all 06s have most of what you are looking for with the thx/nav and wood trim being options. All your realy getting with the LSE is the t bird style rims and all red tails.

Members online

Back