Sentimentality kills a sale....

Dadzcad

New LVC Member
Reaction score
A guy came up to me in a restaurant parking lot a couple days ago and asked if I'd be willing to sell my '95 TC Executive. Since it was my father's car, I wasn't inclined to sell it anyway and will probably stick it in the pole barn with the others eventually...but I was open to discuss it with him. We kinda agreed on a price ($2500.00) but then I asked him what he planned on doing with it.

The first thing out of his mouth was "throw some 22's on it and get a bigger sound system".....or essentially turn it into a "pimpmobile."

I explained to him the car's history and my attachment to it and that, if that's what he had in mind, I wouldn't sell it to him for any price. My father was Chief of Police for a south Chicago suburb and they offered to buy a car for him. The City Counsel wanted to give him a Crown Vic as that's what the department used for cruisers but he insisted on a TC....the one I've got now. When he did finally retire, one of his gifts was the title to the car. I still use it to drive him to appointments, the store and the like and love the look on his face when he sees the car completely restored to its former glory. He still refers to it as "The Chief."

Maybe after Pops makes his "transition" my mind will change....he's 94 and in rather poor health....but for now, the joy he gets riding in it is worth more than a few bucks I really don't need that much.

Glad to hear you made the right choice, I've got a car that was my grandfather's and I've been offered over $20k for it, then they proceed to tell me the would like to cut it up and drop a SBC350 into it.

No way I'd sell, money can't buy that, it's one of the few connections I have to him.

Members online

No members online now.
Back