SEMA Nitrous Compromise enacted in Tennessee

G

GrayGhost1

Do want to know who helps us aftermarket retailers? SEMA! See what they have done for you in Tennessee:

Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen signed into law a compromise measure that allows vehicles to be installed with nitrous oxide systems so long as the system has been disabled while the vehicle is in use on Tennessee public roadways.

The law is based on SEMA-model legislation offered to state legislators as a compromise to a complete ban on nitrous oxide systems. Under the new law, the system may be disabled by removing the containers from the vehicle, disconnecting the line feeding nitrous oxide, or turning the tank to the off position. The law does not prohibit operating a tow vehicle or RV that is equipped to supply the engine with nitrous. Details: Steve McDonald at stevem@sema.org.

sweet, im gonna rig up a NO2 system on an RV and go tear up the tennessee countryside!

Go Vols and all that (seeing as how I am originally from Clinton, TN), but realistically people will use the nitrous then if someone pulls them over they will have switched it off before the officer can run up and take a picture of the switch/valve set to "on" and that will be that. I wouldn't even know if I would call this a feel good law with all the NOS injecting RV maniacs out there LOL (a little tongue in cheek, but hey!).

Just put an automatic opener on it................

johntomferg said:
Go Vols and all that (seeing as how I am originally from Clinton, TN), but realistically people will use the nitrous then if someone pulls them over they will have switched it off before the officer can run up and take a picture of the switch/valve set to "on" and that will be that. I wouldn't even know if I would call this a feel good law with all the NOS injecting RV maniacs out there LOL (a little tongue in cheek, but hey!).

And when Barney Fife pulls you over, hit the switch to close it as you are pulling off.

Members online

No members online now.
Back