seat problems

2000sport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever experienced seat recline issues on the 1st gen LS?

For quite some time now, the reclining seat back has been on the edge of complete failure. Any amount of pressure on the right side of the seat back will cause it to completely collapse. I had finally found a "perfect" spot where it held up pretty well, but the seat was tweaked, so my right shoulder was a few inches further back than my left shoulder. Then I went in for an oil change and tire rotation, and the service tech moved the seat. I got on the highway to head home and went to change lanes, and the whole right side of the seat back collapsed. Kinda scary when you're going 70mph on the highway.

So I went to the closest yard with a few LS's and pulled a driver's side seat, brought it home, swapped out the foams and leather (scrap yard seat was waterlogged) and dropped it in... Much better now!!

I know there was a recall with the Dodge Intrepid (I hate Dodge). The bolts used in the seat were too weak and would brake causing the seat to recline.
I never heard anything about that happening to the LS.

It's rare, but I've heard of a few. The only solution it seems is to replace the seat-back or the whole seat.

My seat works fine, and even if it did fail, the roll-cage wouldn't let the seat back go more than a couple of inches!

KS

I know there was a recall with the Dodge Intrepid (I hate Dodge). The bolts used in the seat were too weak and would brake causing the seat to recline.

It was the bolts and a seat adjust cable. probably easier to find a seat replacement (or a stick to support in the backseat)

Members online

Back