Seat BELT PROBLEM!

B1GSLS

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hi, im new here and also and new 2004 ls V6 buyer. I'd imagine this question has already been asked, but does anyone klnow how to turn off either the seat belt light or the dam noise it makes when it flashes. i know ur supposed to use belts but the noise is extremely anoying. anyone have suggestions?

Yep.. Gonna have to go w/ Sifrino3 on this one. It's not the crash that kills you, it's your body and head playing pinball inside the car that does.

Well - this may not be politically correct -

you can disable the belt minder two ways:

- once you start your car - plug and unplag the seat belt - it will disable the belt minder this drive only
- you can follow these instructions to disable the belt-minder permenantly:
(be warned that different model years and different PCM code change this slightly)

Belt Minder Deactivating/Activating

Preparation

Before deactivating/activating the belt minder, set the parking brake.
Place the transmission range selector lever in P (PARK) (automatic transmission) or the NEUTRAL position (manual transmission).
Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.
Close all the vehicle doors.
Unbuckle the driver safety belt.
Place the parking lamps/headlamps switch in the OFF position.

Deactivating/Activating

Start with the ignition OFF and the driver and passenger safety belts unbuckled.
Turn the ignition to RUN (it is not required to start the vehicle.)

Wait until the seatbelt warning lamp turns off (approximately one minute.)

Buckle then unbuckle the driver or passenger seatbelt three times, ending in the unbuckled state. Step 4 must be completed within 60 seconds.

After Step 4 is complete the airbag warning lamp will be turned on for three seconds.

After the airbag warning lamp turns off, buckle/then unbuckle the safety belt again. This will enable the beltminder if it is currently disabled, or will disable the beltminder if it is currently enabled.

Confirmation of enabling the beltminder is provided to the customer by the airbag warning lamp flashing four times per second for three seconds, followed by three seconds again.

Confirmation of disabling the beltminder is provided to the customer by the airbag warning lamp flashing four times per second for three seconds.

Customer programming of the beltminder is automatically exited after completion of the customer confirmation.
The beltminder will automatically exit the programming mode without changing its enable status if Step 6 does not occur within 10 seconds of the end of Step 4.

Performing Steps 1-12 using only the driver safety belt will permanently enable/ disable the driver beltminder feature.

Performing Steps 1-12 using only the passenger safety belt will permanently enable/disable the passenger belminder feature.

Only one side (driver or passenger) can be enabled/disabled per key cycle. While programming the driver side, any activity on the passenger safety belt will abort the programming sequence. While programming the passenger side, any activity on the driver safety belt will terminate the programming sequence.

The programming sequence will abort if a system fault occurs that requires the illumination of the restraints indicator lamp (RIL) at any time during programming or confirmation.

That was very helpful QuikLS. I will probably be trying this in my car mainly b/c of the sensor that tells when someone is in the passenger seat and that dam n thing starts buzzing wihtout the seatbelt on. This thing senses when I put something heavy in the seat, even when I can't put a seatbelt on it like a large box. Since I am in college, I am constantly moving around and always have stuff in my car. It's annoying when I have to do a 4 hour drive with that thing goign off.

I have a Schroth Rallye 3 Harness in my LS (which I use when I autox) - so the belt minder drives crazy. I simply do the seat belt up once, then un-do it and that stops the chriping until the car is restarted.

Members online

No members online now.
Back