Searched out!!

Talbotway

Sexy Hotrod Lincoln
Reaction score
Like bmxbang my LS got hit while I was in shopping. The part that upsets me the most is that I park so far away from everyone and prob. 75% of the time when I come out, one car feels the need to park along side of me!

I remember someone in the past talking about a dash cam saving them when the vehicle in front of him backed up in to the front of their LS.

I did a quick search and came across these dash cams but the prices seem lower than I expected.... http://www.zetronix.com

I was wondering if some of you here could impart some wisdom on choosing a good cam. I don't want it to be too big on my dash but if it's gonna be there I want it to be useful.

Thanks in advance!!

Like bmxbang my LS got hit while I was in shopping. The part that upsets me the most is that I park so far away from everyone and prob. 75% of the time when I come out, one car feels the need to park along side of me!

I remember someone in the past talking about a dash cam saving them when the vehicle in front of him backed up in to the front of their LS.

I did a quick search and came across these dash cams but the prices seem lower than I expected.... http://www.zetronix.com

I was wondering if some of you here could impart some wisdom on choosing a good cam. I don't want it to be too big on my dash but if it's gonna be there I want it to be useful.

Thanks in advance!!

That was me!

Those are hella overpriced! Popular dashcams include the Blackvue DR400G-HD (link), or alternatively if you live in a hot climate and like to use parking mode (continuous recording), the Itronics ITB-100HD (link) might be a better alternative as it doesn't appear to suffer from heat related issues. For a little more money, you can also have the Finevu CR-300HD (link).

There are also some other dashcams out there for around $80, but with less features and lesser video quality. Here is a topic with a lot of info on the subject.

Alax and Andrizzle both run the Blackvue based on my recommendation, but a forum I frequent has reported some heat issues since then due to the hot weather - some people's cameras overheated and eventually died. I might pick up one ITB-100HD soon.

^ Do you back-in all the time??

Lol j/k but I like that Itronics, It seems nice and the parking feature must be useful.

M4rk,, Thanks I remembered the link back then and it wasn't high on my list,, until I have to look at a deep scratch every day! Defiantly gonna look in to one now. Probably gonna spend the money and get a good one. Thanks for the link

Yar1,, I back in EVERYWHERE! I think i do so cause I LOVE the look of my front end and I really enjoy walking back to my car and telling myself,, " I want one of those when I grow up!"

Yar1,, I back in EVERYWHERE! I think i do so cause I LOVE the look of my front end and I really enjoy walking back to my car and telling myself,, " I want one of those when I grow up!"

I hear ya man, nice features need to be showen off. And we always want something we dont have... but in this case you have it so....:confused: lol

M4rk,, Thanks I remembered the link back then and it wasn't high on my list,, until I have to look at a deep scratch every day! Defiantly gonna look in to one now. Probably gonna spend the money and get a good one. Thanks for the link

Both the Ironics and FineVu should be fine, can't go wrong with either one.

I also back in at all times, though I prefer my LS' ass to its front.

Members online

No members online now.
Back