SE DIYers

eL eS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
How many folks in the SE would be willing to help some one in you area with a shade tree repair job? Many of these repairs we decide to do on our own can be rather difficult without a second set of eyes and hands. It may not always work out that you can but I would like to see if we can establish a call list of sorts.

I am willing to lend a hand with folks in my immediate area Tampa, Lakeland, Plant City Clearwater/St. Pete...

Excellent, thanks for being there for us. I hope that in time we can create a little DIY helper network down here. We might not always be in position to be right there to help but we might be able to play telephone/online tech support.

I have been in a jam before and know all to well how tough it can be to get something finished before the weekend or evening comes to an end. Once we have a chance to meet and greet we can figure out the logistics for contacting folks.

This could even come in handy as we travel about the South East. I travel the Orlando, Daytone, jacksonvile route rather frequently and would appreciate knowing I could call on someone that can help me get things stratight. Whether it be finding a good shop, parts or out right turning a wrench.

brentalan said:
Yeah, it really is. Now I gotta move to the southeast!
well unfortunetly i will be moveing here in the next 2 months but i will help out as much as i can while i am down here.

Joeychgo said:
GREAT IDEA Noah!!!!!!!!!!

We call it the good ol boy network. :) When you reduce it to the lowest common denominator LvC is all about helping folks out of a jam.

I would like you all to consider how we can contact one another aside from LvC. Of course you can find internet access just about any where now. I am a Vonage VoIP customer and i can get an 800 number for around 6 bux a month, include 400 minutes, and I can check my VM over the internet or by dialing it. So I would be willing to play match maker by telephone if you do not mind giving me you phone number(s).

Someone in need could try the web first if you can get access fail safe would be call the 800 # and I could contact the person in your area to see if they are available.

We can discuss this next week during the chat.

OK it is 5 bux with 100 minutes but I have free outbound long distance so even with 100 minutes I seriously doubt we would ever get close to exceeding that. Each minute after that is only 5 cents so it is a very attractive prospect for centralizing a call list.

Count me in for the bay area, i'm always ready to lend a helpin hand at turnin a wrench or just sit in the back a say OOH AHH!!!

:Beer

Honestly, I haven't been watching the gas mileage. I'm just glad how nice the ride is again!!

Chris_n_FL said:
Honestly, I haven't been watching the gas mileage. I'm just glad how nice the ride is again!!

Yeah the idle and everything is great. Maybe I am going deaf but even my magnaflow exhaust sounds better.

What do you think about the sound from the magnaflow? Myself, i kinda have mixed feelings about it. Somedays I like it, somedays I think i sound like an import. I have 2 magnaflow tips coming and i'm going to cut the muffler tips back some to where it just starts to point down and weld these new ones on straight back. See if that changes it some.

Chris_n_FL said:
What do you think about the sound from the magnaflow? Myself, i kinda have mixed feelings about it. Somedays I like it, somedays I think i sound like an import. I have 2 magnaflow tips coming and i'm going to cut the muffler tips back some to where it just starts to point down and weld these new ones on straight back. See if that changes it some.

same here. I am not a big fan of the sound. Let me know how those tips work. Becasue I really want reduce the noise level in the car. Plus I think the tips extending out looks nice.

My brother is in Japan. He is going to check on the price of those tail lights. He has a rather good hook up on shipping so if the price is right I might order up a set. I'll let ya know what I find out. I may not use them not certain if I want to give up the solid ruby red look. I like the uniformity.

One of the most popular things to do on car websites is to get together a bunch of guys and have a car fix-it-up day. Everybody brings tools, ramps, buffers, you name it and help each other out. Bring a couple of beers and share knowledge and lend a hand. Best way to spend a day. Way better than sitting there and looking at each other and each other's cars.

So my recommendation is for you SE guys to put together a fix-it day as an event and let the admins know about so we can see what we can do to help out the event.

Yeah I want to do organized fix it days as well but the biggest obstacle we have to overcome is the geography that seporates most of us. So to jump start the ultimate fix it party I want to develop a regional list of folks to call upon in a time of need then try organizing that into a chapter wide event if we can.

Most problems occur without notice and one of my goals is to build friendships at local level in hopes to get people rolling again. I have been stuck on the shoulder of the hwy with past vehicles and there is nothing worse than not knowing where you can go to get help. SO another goal is to expolit relationships folks have with shops in their area to the benefit of a wayward LvCer stuck in a similar situation. Heck maybe even do some shade tree work with the mnember and leave the shops out.

I welcome any help in any fashion that can gets this ball of wax rolling. The SE is just coming together and we all certainly could use the mentoring of the veteran members.

eL eS said:
same here. I am not a big fan of the sound. Let me know how those tips work. Becasue I really want reduce the noise level in the car. Plus I think the tips extending out looks nice.

Will do. :Beer

eL eS said:
Yeah I want to do organized fix it days as well but the biggest obstacle we have to overcome is the geography that seporates most of us. So to jump start the ultimate fix it party I want to develop a regional list of folks to call upon in a time of need then try organizing that into a chapter wide event if we can.

Most problems occur without notice and one of my goals is to build friendships at local level in hopes to get people rolling again. I have been stuck on the shoulder of the hwy with past vehicles and there is nothing worse than not knowing where you can go to get help. SO another goal is to expolit relationships folks have with shops in their area to the benefit of a wayward LvCer stuck in a similar situation. Heck maybe even do some shade tree work with the mnember and leave the shops out.

I welcome any help in any fashion that can gets this ball of wax rolling. The SE is just coming together and we all certainly could use the mentoring of the veteran members.

Great Idea eL eS... We've been trying to do the same in our area. Perhaps we can discuss more during our chat session on Wed

JC

Jamler3 said:
Great Idea eL eS... We've been trying to do the same in our area. Perhaps we can discuss more during our chat session on Wed

JC

Thanks. Sometimes it might only take speaking on the phone but there may be a time where ya need to get out of the house any way and someone might have a project they want to start and finish. I think is just as much an opportunity to learn as it is to help.

I'd love to work on a body project. Preping a car and painting has something I have been wanting to get some exposure to so hopefully something like tha will pop up in my neck of the woods. But I am willing to help out on any project.

I'm here to help anyone in NE Florida, Jax, St. Augustine areas.

I am willing to assist in the Ft Lauderdale area. I am mostly available on weekends (I work nights during the week). I am no expert, but I offer a second pair of hands and I can turn a wrench.

Members online

Back