Satellite radio question

03LinLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have an '03 LS and thought the newer LSs had a satellite radio button. Is this the case? I'm seeing some come up on eBay. Do you need anything more than a Sirius account to listen? I inquired about one on eBay and the seller said it needed another device. Can anyone tell me?

I apologize if this was asked before...I didn't have much time to research and the auction ends very soon.

Thank you.

Yes, they do. Are you sure your 03 doesn't have it? If you have THX nav, then it has one, but a software update was required for the 03s. Of course, none of this really matters because you have to add the dealer installed satellite module for it to work. Not only are those unreasonably expensive, they are also mostly unavailable now. You might find one on ebay, but you would be taking a chance.
If you want satellite radio, your best (least expensive, most featured, best sounding) option is to replace your existing radio with aftermarket. Any standard double din unit will fit and should look pretty close to factory. (I don't care what Crutchfield says, they fit.) You just need this dash kit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TJCREI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Thank you. No, I don't have the THX Nav. Not sure what I will do now. Thanks again for the help.

Members online

No members online now.
Back