Ron Paul Video is AMAZING!

A very slick production to say the least.
Now, it is time to get real regarding Mr. Ron Paul.
First off, some of his points are valid, and others preposterous.
He would bring , I assume, all the troops home.
Well, that is just an impossible,and not thought out plan to give those hell bent on harming us, a heads up on our less than active role to defeat the terrorist movement in the world.
Let's assume for the moment, he is President, and issues an executive order to bring the troops home from Iraq, and Afganistan.
The first thing that would happen is, Iran would invade Iraq.
Secondly, the taliban would regroup in Afginistan, and have a safe place to carry out their training camps, and would only be a matter of time before alquida joined them.
That in turn would open up the entire middle east to positive growth of both groups through out the region.
It is all well and good to want to bring the troops home, but in order to do that, we would also need to undertake the biggest and perhaps costliest endeavor of protecting this nation from future attack from any outside force.
That would mean we would have to isolate this country from the rest of the world.
Now, let's look at his plans to do away with the federal reserve, and the income tax.
The job of the federal reserve is to run checks and balances on the monitary system in this country.
True, it has not done a spectacular job of that, and it should be restructured but certainly not done away with.
Now, does Mr. Paul state where he intends to come up with the funds to run this government if he miraculously does away with income tax?
My guess would be a 20% federal sales tax which many citizens could not afford.
My feeling about Ron Paul is, he is a product of the weird 60"s when it was free love, and anything goes.
Today he is still living in the sixties, and that permissive thinking just won't cut it in the 21st century.
I think it would be a disaster for this country if he, or anyone like him were to ascend to the white house.
Bob.

Yeah a disaster, like He could do more harm then the current Criminal scum running this country? LAMO RON PAUL 2012~!!

When Obama won the election, I posted on many forums, and I am sure this one also, the country would regret putting him in the white house.
This has come true, and now I say the same thing of Ron Paul.
He is just not the person we need in the white house.
He is a pacifist of the 60's generation, and we need a leader with balls.
Balls to stand up to the rest of the world instead of running away with our tails between our legs.
No thanks.
Bob.

Ron Paul is anything but a 1960's hippy radical. Most political commentators today have a hard time understanding his views and look to dismiss them by pigeonholing him, almost always incorrectly.

Look up Austrian economics. That is where his views come from.

Like most Austrians, domestically, he is spot on (there is a strong case to be made for ending or at least severely cutting back the Fed). When it comes to foreign policy, he does make some valid critiques but is ultimately too Utopian to put into power. You have to be able to deal with evil in the world and his view is that the only evil comes from government and external institutions; that human nature does not contain any inherent ability for evil.

There is also a lot of the moralized bullying behind what the Austrian viewpoint has become, post-Rothbard; namely, anarcho-capitalist. They view any killing of civilians or innocents in war as unjust and immoral. Of course, under this standard there is no way to conduct a war. Contrary to their economic views, most Austrians ignore the reality of trade-offs in international relations and in warfare.

That said, Ron Paul is clearly the most principled and sincere candidate for any party nomination for the presidency that we have had, at least in my lifetime. Have to appreciate that in him.

Ron Paul is anything but a 1960's hippy radical. Most political commentators today have a hard time understanding his views and look to dismiss them by pigeonholing him, almost always incorrectly.

Look up Austrian economics. That is where his views come from.

Like most Austrians, domestically, he is spot on (there is a strong case to be made for ending or at least severely cutting back the Fed). When it comes to foreign policy, he does make some valid critiques but is ultimately too Utopian to put into power. You have to be able to deal with evil in the world and his view is that the only evil comes from government and external institutions; that human nature does not contain any inherent ability for evil.

There is also a lot of the moralized bullying behind what the Austrian viewpoint has become, post-Rothbard; namely, anarcho-capitalist. They view any killing of civilians or innocents in war as unjust and immoral. Of course, under this standard there is no way to conduct a war. Contrary to their economic views, most Austrians ignore the reality of trade-offs in international relations and in warfare.

That said, Ron Paul is clearly the most principled and sincere candidate for any party nomination for the presidency that we have had, at least in my lifetime. Have to appreciate that in him.

Shag, you said a mouthful in pinpointing his Utopian idea of life.
You explained it very well as to why he should be labeled a 60''s pacifist, because that is exactly what his views of this country are.
His views and ideas mirrorl the mood of the 1960"s to a tee.
I agree he is honest in his belief, but his views are lost in the last century.
Bob.

Yeah living free, no more wars, no more fed, follow the Constitution...etc. yeah totally dated stuff there man.

Yeah living free, no more wars, no more fed, follow the Constitution...etc. yeah totally dated stuff there man.

When is the last time anyone in this world was "living free"?
As long as there are humans on this planet, there will always be wars.
Utopian thinking can not, and will not ever erase that fact
Those that think Paul is the second coming of Christ need only to look at the history of this world to realize his Utopia does not, and will not ever exist.
He, and those that support him need a reality check.
Bob.

Members online

Back