Right Side Squeal

Midas78

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I hit an f'n curb the other day and now when I need to make a turn the front passenger side wheel area squeals. Visually, I don't see any damage except some minor road rash on the wheels (stock, so I don't really mind.) The tire is not leaking or has any cuts and I have not noticed any handling changes.

Does someone know what is causing this squeal and if I can fix it without going to a stealership?

Thanks.

Jack up the front, turn the key so all acc. turn on, and move the wheel like your driving. Have someone do that while you inspect. But, the suspension might need load to cause the noise. I would try that first.

Dead President said:
Jack up the front, turn the key so all acc. turn on, and move the wheel like your driving. Have someone do that while you inspect. But, the suspension might need load to cause the noise. I would try that first.

I just set the tire pressure and now I'm noticing a difference in the handling with that wheel. I might just take it to a local mechanic my father-in-law knows.
I had to turn the wheel today, but I was only adjusting my parking and didn't get the squeal, it only seems to happen when the body of the car shifts.

Midas78 said:
Hey everyone,

I hit an f'n curb the other day and now when I need to make a turn the front passenger side wheel area squeals. Visually, I don't see any damage except some minor road rash on the wheels (stock, so I don't really mind.) The tire is not leaking or has any cuts and I have not noticed any handling changes.

Does someone know what is causing this squeal and if I can fix it without going to a stealership?

Thanks.
How did you hit a curb? You've got to be more careful........people might mistake you for a girl if you continue to hit stationary objects........j/k. I can't think what would make a squealing noise just by hitting a curb unless you really jacked it.........I would just get the front end up and have a feel for anything loose and check to make sure you didn't bend anything.

Sounds like what I got, Steering Column Knuckler and ball joints, should be covered under warranty.

KD00LS said:
Sounds like what I got, Steering Column Knuckler and ball joints, should be covered under warranty.

I have no warranty and it was a girl who distracted me and caused me to run into the curb. She was in the car with me.

Midas78 said:
I have no warranty and it was a girl who distracted me and caused me to run into the curb. She was in the car with me.
lol.......i know what you mean. :Beer

KD00LS said:

Not if you hit a curb! No way you will get it warrantied. But if you do...let us all know! We could all use a brain dead dealer!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back