Reverse light bulb help

mrmatharu

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just ordered these bulbs and the base is too long to fit in the adapter. They are 3157. What's the problem? Thanks.

31vRlQs2YiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The backup lights are 921, on gen II at least.
It seems very unlikely that anything would use a 3157 as a backup light. They're generally used for brake lights and turn signals, since they have two filaments.

The manual I have says 3157. Seems like you have the right bulb, are you sure its actually a 3157? does it say on the bulb?

The manual's for a Gen1, what year is your LS?

I'm sure they are 3157 and yea i looked at the auto replacement guide at www.sylvania.com and it said 3157. I have a 2005 LS.

921 bulbs are small wedge bulbs similar to 194. That's way too small for a reverse light. I got those for the license plate lights.

I have a 2005 and yes i'm sure it's a 3157 bulb.

The 921 is similar to a 194 which are the license plate bulbs. So, that can't be right.

I have a 2005 and yes i'm sure it's a 3157 bulb.

The 921 is similar to a 194 which are the license plate bulbs. So, that can't be right.

I haven't had to replace one, so I haven't looked at them.
My 2006 manual on page 99 says "BACKUP LAMP 921" and "LICENSE PLATE LAMP 168."
My 2004 manual says the same thing, but on page 97 instead.

The 2002 manual on-line here says 3157K.

Either gen II is now a 921, or they carried a misprint in the manuals for two or three years.

I usually check sylvania.com for the replacement guide. For '05 it says 3157 and '06 it says 921. That's odd...

You just bought the wrong bulb probably. I remember Someone saying syvania isnt a good resource for bulb numbers.

The OP has a 2005 I think.
I just looked at my 2006 and my 2004 (pulled one bulb out of each), and they are indeed 921 bulbs.
It seems likely (but not certain) that the 2005 would also use a 921.

The OP need only post a picture of the bulbs that he removed to clear this up.

Oh yea? Well I appreciate and i apologize for knocking you man
The backup lights are 921, on gen II at least.
It seems very unlikely that anything would use a 3157 as a backup light. They're generally used for brake lights and turn signals, since they have two filaments.

Thanks for pics. I ordered a couple from superbrightleds. So, what difference does a one filament vs two make?

bulbs need to have two filaments if they need to have two different brightnesses, such as one light fixture that functions both as a brake light and a parking light

Post a link to the ones you bought. I have vleds as reverse lights and they work fine. They look just like the ones you posted

just go hid for reverse...j/k i thought the gen 1 reverse was 3156. o well

Members online

No members online now.
Back