Rev limiter question

NickT88LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have my 2002 LS which has had a sct tune in it for about 5 years now. In the tune the rev limiter is deleted. The other day while in the snow and in reverse with traction control off the rev limiter was going on at around 3000 while trying to maneuver my car in the snow. HAve I just never been revving high enough in reverse in snow the past 5 years??? I just found it odd that I just noticed that if it is normal or should the tune have deleted the rev limiter in reverse also.

I have my 2002 LS which has had a sct tune in it for about 5 years now. In the tune the rev limiter is deleted. The other day while in the snow and in reverse with traction control off the rev limiter was going on at around 3000 while trying to maneuver my car in the snow. HAve I just never been revving high enough in reverse in snow the past 5 years??? I just found it odd that I just noticed that if it is normal or should the tune have deleted the rev limiter in reverse also.

Nick FWIW I used to work closely with ECM tuners who used HPTuners, EFI Live etc software for tuning late-model efi cars like LS1 Vettes. In many cases they don't change non-performance related things like non-wot cells in the VE tables, cells in transitional fueling tables etc because there's no performance benefit in changing the factory program in those instances.
SCT's tune writer may feel the same way...after all, do you really need to be going into redline in reverse? ;)

Ok, so can everyone with first gens with a tune please go out in the snow and nail it in reverse and tell me what happens :)

Just kidding, as you mentioned Rick I don't see any need normally to have it deleted in reverse but I found it odd I never noticed that, and it sure would have been nice the other day not to have the limiter while attempting reversing uphill into my driveway :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back