Replacing Airbags

MARKED MAN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
does anyone know where to find decently priced solenoids for Mark 7 air springs. fond a pair on ebay for a good price but no solenoid included. i'm sure i can get them from a dealership but am also sure thats where i will pay the most. thanks for any feed back guys. PS i no they arent airbags i just hit submit too quickly before i could fix the title :)

Why are you replacing the ones you have? If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Also, if they are leaking, just spend $2 on a pack of o-rings and "rebuild" the solenoids. No need to spend $10 each on a solenoid unnecessarily.

It sounds like your air springs leak, so they would most likely need replacing. Typically the solenoids don't leak unless you have disconnected/reconnected them. If you want to make sure that it isn't the solenoids leaking, get a pack of o-rings and replace them on the solenoids. It would take about an hour and $2 to do. I think they use a #6 o-ring, possibly a #36, whichever is smaller. Pull the solenoid, pull the "collar" from the top, remove the old o-ring, use dielectric on the new o-ring, and reverse the process.

MARKED MAN said:
whats up Josh,

got your response to the air spring thread. now you've seen the problem with my car, it dips in the back when turned off and is on a little bit of a slant even when its inflated. i was always under the empression that the entire bag would have to be replaced with this problem. are you saying that by only replacing the solenoid or rebuilding it i can fix this problem? thanks for any feed back

cool, i'll try that and see what happens. havent ever disconnected the solenoid before so i'm antisipating changing the spring but its worh a shot anyway. not to mention every air spring site i've been to say the springs are only good for up to 100,000 miles and seeing how i'm at 160 might as well do em anyway.

Members online

No members online now.
Back