Replacement Mark viii upper control arm uca dust boots

Lownslowlsc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Been meaning to do this for a while but couldn't find the part number as I threw the box/invoice away. I decided to email cs and get it so here ya go....

I bought some new TRW uca's last fall that had cracked boots. I decided to measure them up and buy the closest boots/covers I could. I bought them from

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=191723

# 191723

Under $10 shipped for a pair. They've worked awesome on mine and have held up great. I would think they'd fit all Mark viii control arms but buy at your own risk, I'm simply putting the part number out there as nobody has ever posted reliable replacement info.

I have a new set of ball joints, if I can find them, and just measure them. With my luck they'll be the wrong size. Under the car I go. They sure have a lot of sizes.

I will note that the bottom hole is .75" and just a tad bigger then the post it fits over, It hasn't caused me any issues. The upper part fits snug around the bj and does a great job of keeping debris out.

But does it keep grease in? :D

A lot better then torn boots. ;)

They aren't going to seal it completely like the originals, they'll simply hold the moly in place and keep road debris/water out to prolong the life of a bj that has a torn boot. I'm not sure how much pushes out over time but last I checked they were sufficiently lubed. Maybe once a year for safe measure.

Or you can spend $15 more bux and get a whole new joint.
Why cheap out?

Show me were you can get a $25 Upper control arm that isn't junk.:rolleyes:

Yes, new uppers would be the best way to go, but not everybody wants to shell out 100-150 on new uppers when all that's wrong with their current ones is a torn boot on an otherwise sold arm. Not to forget the extra labor that's involved in replacing the entire thing.

Show me were you can get a $25 Upper control arm that isn't junk.:rolleyes:

Yes, new uppers would be the best way to go, but not everybody wants to shell out 100-150 on new uppers when all that's wrong with their current ones is a torn boot on an otherwise sold arm. Not to forget the extra labor that's involved in replacing the entire thing.
It's a 94 with 57K. The joints are in great shape. The boots came apart when I was blasting the bees nests off of them. Just needs boots. A lot cheaper and a lot less labor.

Members online

No members online now.
Back