Replaced Rear Shocks

skizot722

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I got my rear shocks replaced this weekend. It was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. It took me and a buddy about an hour to do the first side, and 30 minutes to do the other side.

I bought a unibody jack adapter for the job, and I'd strongly recommend it to anyone wanting to use a floor jack without crushing the unibody mounting points. It's kind of pricey for what it is, but definitely worth it. Here's a picture:

p2406.jpg

Nice idea, but Eastwood needs to talk to their copy department. The pic shows the adapter block sitting on top of the standard cup instead of replacing it! :rolleyes:

Instructions: "To use, simply remove the saddle insert from the floor jack and insert the pad adapter..."

Andy

Nice idea, but Eastwood needs to talk to their copy department. The pic shows the adapter block sitting on top of the standard cup instead of replacing it! :rolleyes:

Instructions: "To use, simply remove the saddle insert from the floor jack and insert the pad adapter..."

Andy

LOL. Yeah, it worked really well with my 3-ton Craftsman (with saddle insert removed :D). Someone else needs to start manufacturing the adapter to drive the price down. I think it's so expensive because no one else out there makes one.

I like the idea. Now you can use a jack stand at the normal jacking location (that sounds REAL bad :lol: ).

I like the idea. Now you can use a jack stand at the normal jacking location (that sounds REAL bad :lol: ).

LOL. I just jacked it up at the normal jacking location with the 3-ton floor jack w/adapter and put a jack stand underneath the sub-frame arm (the top set of arrows in the picture below).

attachment.gif

Members online

No members online now.
Back