Repairing Power Seat

holptj

LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for resources to have the driver front power seat fixed. Long story short, it quit moving back-and-forth and I needed it fixed ASAP. The local indy shop said the box couldn't be repaired, no used ones around, so I ended up paying $800 for a new unit - not a new seat, just the rails and box.

In thinking about the new possibly breaking in the future, I'd like to get the old one repaired. Can it be done?

TIA for any help and/or resources.

Mine also doesn't move front/back and while it's stuck in the far-back position where I need it, I do think it would be nice for it to actually work.

The first step is to figure out if the motor is dead or if it's a gear issue. Getting a motor repaired or finding a working spare from an otherwise unusable seat would be easier than repairing stripped gears.

MooJohn - Haven't open up the box yet, but it sounds like the gears. I might have to start looking for a donor car.

MooJohn - Haven't open up the box yet, but it sounds like the gears. I might have to start looking for a donor car.

Nope. This car has side impact air bags so they use a seat module to control seat motion. Under the seat like a square box

If you haven't found a solution yet-

Someone did a write up on the Mark Viii seat- the seat motors look to be the same between the Mark and the Contis so I would assume the fix would be similar. I don't have the link handy but you can call my girlfriend Google and search Mark VIII Seat Repair and I am sure it will come right up. My g/f never talks back and always satisfies my request. Try her out-

Members online

Back