Repairing 10-disc CD Changer?

Kerrigan

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
The MarkVIII got rear-ended and since then the CD player keeps cycling without playing. It seems to put each disc in, look at track 01, and then cycles to the next disc without playing.
Is there some place to send it for repair?
If not, is there a plug-in replacement for it which will work with the current dash head?

Changer is built by Sony. May check with a Sony dealer. Or.... Just buy a used one.

The MarkVIII got rear-ended and since then the CD player keeps cycling without playing. It seems to put each disc in, look at track 01, and then cycles to the next disc without playing.
Is there some place to send it for repair?
If not, is there a plug-in replacement for it which will work with the current dash head?

What year you have? I have a nice tested one ready to go.

Cd

Sounds like your discs are not getting to the player The player is mounted on rubber bushings. Remove the cartdridge and check for all 10 discs, chances one missing. Open the player,check thats into the bushings, (4) remove the lost disc and give it a try. If no luck buy one from a member.

If someone knew how to repair these things, they would make a killing......mine has been on the fritz since I bought it.

Is there a plug-and-play aftermarket changer which uses the same cable and stereo/radio head, mountable in the trunk?

Anyone have the maker/model of one? Sounds like a good option to consider ...

dump it and get an aftermarket.

Is there one which just fits up where the old one is mounted and uses the same cable connection? Don't want to do a big rewiring project if avoidable.

you can always get an aftermarket cd player....the double dins look the best.

its really not that hard just wire it up and put the radio inplace and make it look nice....not hard at all....takes 30 mins to install.

Members online

Back