removing the radio

DrJsl2008

LVC Member
Reaction score
Can anbodypoint me towards a thread about pulling out the radio and the dash? Or let me know how to do it on here, I searched but can't find anything. thanks!

First, take off the center vents above the radio, like so:
dash1.jpg

dash2.jpg

dash3.jpg

Then, remove the ash tray and surround, like so:
P3200367.jpg

P3200369.jpg

P3200370.jpg

P3200371.jpg

Then remove the 4 bolts, which I've circled:
dash4.jpg

dash6.jpg

thanks for all the quick replies.. and I feel pretty stupid, never noticed the tech articles tab. wow.

just bought a ipod adapter off ebay and not quite sure how I'm gonna do it yet. Just wanted to gather all the info before it got here on thursday. I also gotta get the top vent part out because the piece holding "fuel setup reset status" buttons is broke so I have to figure out what I'm doing with that too.

Mine's broke too.. Most likely the person who had it out last, tightened the bolts too tight and snapped off the place where the screw go's in.. Most likely, you will have to buy a new vent.. About 30 on eBay I think..

Then remove the 4 bolts, which I've circled:

dash6.jpg

you know those bolts are a lot easier to get to if you remove the whole ash tray and heated seat buttons LOL its four screws on 2nd gens and maybe only two on 1st gens :cool:

Yeah, forgot that part. it's only 2 screws/bolts. Those steps are all I had pictures of lol.

i could just see some rookie staring at the bolts saying WTF how do i get them out. ROFL

LMAO Normally I just look at it and figure it out from there.

Members online

No members online now.
Back