Removing the "INTECH" plastic piece

Shaun 97VIII

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright, what tool do you use to remove the plastic "INTECH" piece on the 2nd gen mark VIII? i tried a few of my larger allen wrenches with obviously no success. HELP!

yes, i am asking this because i may be needing to remove the alternator soon.

you know which one: lol
840774_4_full.jpg

It's just a 1/4" drive, no socket attached.

Kbob said:
It's just a 1/4" drive, no socket attached.
I have seen alot of marks not having them, Why don't the have them. Some kind of cooling mod or some thing

mark0101 said:
I have seen alot of marks not having them, Why don't the have them. Some kind of cooling mod or some thing
Only gen 2's (97 and 98's) have this Intech cover. It's removed for cosmetic reasons. The gen 1's (93 to 96) have the big engine cover that is gaudy. Most remove that one as well.

Kbob said:
Only gen 2's (97 and 98's) have this Intech cover. It's removed for cosmetic reasons. The gen 1's (93 to 96) have the big engine cover that is gaudy. Most remove that one as well.

Ripped mine off and threw it in the dumpster. (93)

only 97's have the intech cover AFAIK.. i havent ever seen a 98 with it..
its a 1/4 rachet that takes it off...

thanks a MILLION GUYS! never thought to use just the driver without a socket, LOL. i started a new thread too :D

fossten said:
Ripped mine off and threw it in the dumpster. (93)

Should have threw it on Ebay, mine from my 96 actually sold for $25 on there.

scott9050 said:
Should have threw it on Ebay, mine from my 96 actually sold for $25 on there.
I like the gen 1 cover in the engine compartment. Is it possiable to put it on the gen 2

No it won't fit, look at how different the intake manifold is plus the COP.

COP ingition would'nt affect that. It doesnt stick up anymore than the gen1 does. the intake is all wrong tho.

Mike

I have one more question, I have heard that the intake of the gen 1 is better, is that true.

Members online

No members online now.
Back