removing front bumper

LS_KiNG

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hey i got a question since my LS is 600 miles away from me and i may be needing 2 tow it by removing the front bumper...how hard is it 2 remove and re-install? is it just screws holding it in?

thanks

not sure why you'd need to remove the bumper cover on order to tow it..but to answer your question.

You have to remove all of the small 1/4 inch bolts underneath that hold the underpanel tray to the actual bumper cover. It's about 10 or 12 of them.
Then you will need to remove the wheelwell liners so that you can get to the 4 actual vertical bolts that hold the bumper cover to the car.
and you also need to pop the hood and remove the front plastic cover where the temp sensor is located. You also need to disconnect the foglight bulb assembly and parking light assembly

ite thanks lol i dunno my dad told me we might have to remove the bumper to tow it and he wasnt sure how hard it was 2 remove so i figured ill find out for him. i was trying to figure out the same thing of why we are going to have to remove the bumper but thanks ill see what happens next time i go to NY which should be in the beginning of june and hopefully get this car down to me

there's a removable panel on the lower grill that exposes the tow hook so you can crank it up on a flatbed.

Members online

No members online now.
Back