Recent little video about the MK-R

LOL...i just posted a question about any possibility of a rwd v8.

I swear a lincoln version of the falcon would be epic.

I'd love to see something like that produced. But in all reality its going to have a 40k+ price tag. Maybe out of my price range haha

I'm not digging the body style. Looks like someone squinting with huge buck-teeth in the front. I don't know what to think about the back other then I don't like it. It all looks like it tried too hard to be a futuristic-retro design or something. Like if you took what was cheasy about futuristic car drawings, and married it to what looked ancient from old cars. This is how it comes off when I see it.

Here's a youtube from it's unveiling:
YouTube - ‪Roadfly.com - Lincoln MKR Concept Car from NAIAS‬‏

I hate the huge grilles.....i swear its like they just dont listen.

Give us a rwd V8 performance coupe and a larger sedan both based off the mustang/falcon platform.

That will sell like hotcakes.

They need to do what cadillac did.

Im not a fan of GM but at least cadillac makes rwd V8 cars still along with the beast cts-v.

thats what ive been saying, copy caddy, take the smallest lincoln (mkz), shave off two doors, and then throw one of your most powerful motors in it.

i would buy a two door, RWD 5.0 MKZ yesterday if ford had the balls to make it!

Any RWD performance minded vehicle is welcome in the Lincoln line-up as far as I am concerned.
And I would say 50K-60K+ range. The few things I have read about Lincolns new rumored performace line have stated somehting along the lines of being "competitive with the big players" i.e. BMW, Mercedes, Audi. If they can produce something comparable, it will probably be priced just s lightly lower. CTS-V is a 65K vehicle...

The few things I have read about Lincolns new rumored performace line have stated somehting along the lines of being "competitive with the big players" i.e. BMW, Mercedes, Audi. If they can produce something comparable, it will probably be priced just s lightly lower. CTS-V is a 65K vehicle...
Isn't that what got them in trouble with the LS? Trying to hang with BMW, 'cedes, and Audi..
I would love to see another RWD Lincoln, not that I could afford it since I dont have a big boy job yet but still.. would be nice to see. :cool:

Because they did it wrong.

First of all they didnt put the 4.6L in it....they had to use a engine theyve never used before. Another failing point is they didnt do enough to keep it fresh...look at how outdated the nav/gauge cluster looks.

Those are my only two issues with the LS. Oh and the tranny could be a bit smoother. I love everything else about it.

Because they did it wrong.

First of all they didnt put the 4.6L in it....they had to use a engine theyve never used before. Another failing point is they didnt do enough to keep it fresh...look at how outdated the nav/gauge cluster looks.

Those are my only two issues with the LS. Oh and the tranny could be a bit smoother. I love everything else about it.

I think the LS was a wrong place wrong time victim. I think if Lincoln relaunched the car now with the better resources available to it it would fair much better. To me it just seems like it suffered from stagnation (mechanical issues aside). An LS-type of car with a base V6, the EcoBoost, or a 5.0 in it would be awesome. Problem is it looks like it would have that buck-toothed retarded volvo look like the rest of Lincoln's cars do (except the TC).

What ever possessed Lincoln to create the fugly front ends? They look like the Oldsmobile front ends from the seventies. In my opinion, the LS has one of the best looking grills ever on a Lincoln.

Looks nothing like a mark....but theyre both ugly.

look at the body lines, plus the mark was the last of the performance rwd v8 for lincoln anyways. dont even tell me the LS was. my jimmy has a bigger displacement then your "v8"

I need you to go to the top of the main "Lincoln LS" page. Read what it says underneath the "Lincoln LS" titling and report back ;-)

Honestly idc and would definitely have no problem owning maybe one of the 3 actually decent looking Marks on your side. Factory air-ride and the big V8 really is what makes the car appealing. Aesthetics...not so much

look at the body lines, plus the mark was the last of the performance rwd v8 for lincoln anyways. dont even tell me the LS was. my jimmy has a bigger displacement then your "v8"

No the mark was the last performance rwd V8 coupe. The LS was the last performance sedan. Luxury Sport, irs with sport suspension, sport shocks and 280hp. sure as hell sounds like performance to me. Its not a damn town car.

The 4.6 is a small block too. And if you knew anything about the LS you would know that its also a 32 valve dohc engine just like the 4.6 minus a whopping .6 liters of displacement.

Its actually a 4.0L destroked.

I see the body lines looks like other coupes out on the road. The front end is ugly as hell, the back isnt much better. The inside is just weird.....they went too futuristic with it. Its also just a V6. Twin-turbo but nonetheless a 6 banger.

Members online

No members online now.
Back